Read Time: 2 minutes
So, you’re a designer, fabricator, client or student anywhere in the world…
…and you or your team have completed one or more projects (between January 1, 2017, and December 31, 2019) in one of the seven categories (Exhibitions, Placemaking and Identity, Public Installation, Strategy/Research/Planning, Wayfinding, Interactive Experience, and Digital Experience Content), and you want to enter (and win!) an SEGD Global Design Award.
Now that we’ve established those basic parameters, let’s talk deadlines.
- You’ve got LESS THAN ONE WEEK to get your entries in before the first deadline at 11:59 PM on January 31, 2020. (After that, late fees apply—so why wait?)
The timeline is clear; what’s next?
- Submission Guidelines
- Tips for Entering, and Where to Start (Webinar)
- Best Practices for Preparing a Winning Entry
- The Official Entry Portal (Where the rubber meets the road and you enter your show-stopper of a project!)
How much is it going to cost?** (Fun Fact: The SEGD Global Design Awards are more affordable than ever! SEGD members get a $350 discount on entries this year along with an additional discount for submitting three or more entries. Beat the system by paying less and entering more!)
- SEGD Members: $250
- SEGD Student Members: $0
- Non-Members: $600 (Um, have you thought about becoming a member? Think of the sweet bennies!)
- Non-Member Students: $50 (For this same $50, students can become an SEGD member and enter the Global Design Awards—plus attend events—for FREE! Seize this sweet deal.)
**Late fees go into effect after the first deadline, January 31, 2020. So hit that submit today!
Not sure if your project is right for the awards?
- The Seven Categories, Explained
- Inspiration and Awesome Examples (Browse the years in the column on the right to go back in time!)
- Watch the January 2020 Webinar “Tips on Entering to Win” (Hear past jury members speak on best practices and the evaluation process)
- The Official 2020 SEGD Global Design Awards Page
Still on the fence? Here are 9 solid reasons you should participate:
- The award itself was designed by legendary designer Massimo Vignelli. (Enough said!)
- The SEGD Global Design Awards is the only international design program that focuses exclusively on user experiences in the built environment.
- The SEGD Global Design Awards includes a special category for giving back: The Sylvia Harris Design Award recognizes the critical importance of accessible public-sector design work and enhancement of communication for projects in the public realm.
- The 2020 Jury line-upis pretty spectacular. (Inguna Elere from Design Studio H2E took home multiple awards last year! Look her up.)
- All of your peers are entering. See how you stack up to others in the industry.
- The awards ceremony is at the 2020 SEGD Conference Experience Portland.
- If you don’t enter, you can’t win. (Obvious, but it really puts it all into perspective.)
- Even if you don’t win Best in Show, there are other honors (Sylvia Harris Award, Merit Award, finalists, etc.) and publication opportunities (SEGD Annual) for entrants that will still offer significant exposure!
Don’t wait a minute more! Opportunity is knocking. Let’s tackle this today!