New Year’s Eve is right around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about how to make 2018 the best year yet. While you may be considering ways to improve yourself personally, resolutions for the professional you are just as important—if not more.
Lucky for you, being a part of a professional association like SEGD means that you have many tools at your disposal to make sure you’re on the path to success.
Here are just a few ways SEGD can help you tackle those New Year’s resolutions and ensure you kick off the year on the right foot.
Resolution #1: Expand your network.
- Attend a chapter event. This year, chapter chairs will be shifting the number of local events into overdrive. Take a look at what’s coming to a city near you.
- Join your SEGD friends at an upcoming event.We’ve posted an impressive line-up of live events for 2018, including Branded Environments,Exhibition & Experience Design,Wayfinding & Placemaking and the event for experiential design professionals—the 2018 SEGD Conference Experience Minneapolis.
Resolution #2: Learn something new.
- Sign up for webinars. Did you know you could sign up for every SEGD webinar for the year (free to SEGD members!)? Sign up now, and you don’t have to worry about it later.
- Access industry-specific resources. The SEGD Toolbox is the place to get the 4-1-1 on experiential graphic design. Download benchmarking reports, browse award-winning projects and connect with industry pros.
Resolution #3: Find inspiration.
- Browse Sketchbooks. Some of the best designers in the field have contributed their sketches. Browse the Sketchbook gallery and see what makes other designers tick.
- Watch an SEGD Talk. Couldn’t make it to an event this year? Check out the SEGD Talks library. Commit to watching just one presentation, and you’ll feel inspired to do what you do better.
Resolution #4: Share your success.
- Get your entries ready. The 2018 Global Design Awards opens for entries on December 1. This is your chance to share the projects you’re most proud of and compete for the coveted Best of Show.
- Send in Member News. Share your news, accomplishments, innovations, etc., with the SEGD community. Send your announcement or press release to firstname.lastname@example.org. But, you must be a member to get member news published on SEGD.org.
- Update your Member Bio. It was great when you started, but things have changed. It’s time to resubmit your bio with the freshest info so you can make the best connections.
Resolution #5: Don’t miss out.
Do you know when your membership expires? Call us at 202-638-5555 to make sure your membership is current. Not a member? Join SEGD today.