Read Time: 1 minute
Black History Month is here! And SEGD is a great resource for information about exceptional experience design projects featuring Black History themes. SEGD members can access past articles and event videos covering a range of African American history topics, including the work of design studios and cultural organizations who help illuminate these sometimes “untold histories” to the public. Below are links to some previous SEGD articles—and get ready to see new Black History articles featured throughout February 2022!
- African American History and Culture Projects Honored by SEGD GDA’s
- 2021 E+E Keynote: Greenwood Rising
- 5 African American Museums and Cultural Centers
- From Absence to Presence Commemorative to Enslaved Peoples of Southern Maryland
- Louis Armstrong House Museum and Visitor Center
- National Museum of African American Music
- Designers Elevating Untold Narratives
Throughout February, SEGD will be highlighting past Global Design Award winners and Project Case Studies featuring African American history themes. Want to submit a project for this year’s Global Design Awards? You can enter your application here on the SEGD website. Next deadline is February 14, 2022.