The theme of our annual membership drive this week is “Gratitude,” and as we reflect upon the SEGD 50th Anniversary Conference Experience, our hearts are full of appreciation. The invaluable contributions of our 2023 SEGD NEXPO exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers have not only provided immense resources to the design industry but have also fueled visions with their profound technical and innovative offerings.
Held in the heart of Washington DC, NEXPO—the day-long industry supplier and maker exhibition—was an integral part of this year’s SEGD Conference Experience. Attendees had the exceptional opportunity to connect with fabricators, material suppliers, and tech vendors, diving deep into the world of products and services.
The depth of knowledge and insights brought by the NEXPO exhibitors was evident through a series of talks. These weren’t just sales pitches, but enlightening discussions that resonated with the theme of gratitude, showcasing the passion and commitment our industry stakeholders have towards advancing the world of design.
Here’s a recap:
On Day 2 (Friday, August 25th) at the SEGD 50th Anniversary Conference in Washington DC, 34 esteemed exhibitors showcased their innovative offerings, ranging from state-of-the-art signage solutions to breakthrough software. The floor was alive with engagement, discussions, and of course, immense gratitude.
But the highlight for many were the NEXPO Talks. Presented by our sponsors, these group talks were more than just a presentation; they were an experience:
- “Dimense Printing: Elevate Your Graphics with Revolutionary Dimensional Prints!” by David Payne, President, Image Options
- “Partnership in Placemaking with Moss” featuring Anne Houghton and Elissa Decker from Moss
- “Preserving History: Remaking the Iconic Domino Sugar Sign” with Ross Hancock, Senior Vice President, Gable
- “Digital Navigation for Smart City Districts” by Jason Hutty, VP Strategic Partnerships, PAM
- “Media Architecture – Creative Technologies for Digital Placemaking and Immersive Experiences” with Dana Michaelis of NanoLumens
- “Elevating Experiences: Unleashing the Power of Digital Signage” led by Rich Archer, Creative Lead, Omnivex Corporation
The younger generation of designers and design students made their presence felt, eagerly soaking up the knowledge and participating with gusto. For many, it was a first-time deep dive into the behind-the-scenes processes that power the experiential design world.
Learn more about all the exhibitors who displayed at this year’s SEGD NEXPO:
Color-ad Signs & Exhibits
DE Powder Coated Graphics
The Design Minds
Enhance a Colour
Matthews Architectural Products
Right Way Signs
If the tides of time kept you from joining us at the NEXPO 2023, don’t fret. We invite you to be a part of the upcoming NEXPO at the 2024 SEGD Conference in Dallas, TX from September 26-28. Let’s come together to celebrate, learn, and express our gratitude once again. See you there!