Read Time: 1.5 minutes
SEGD answers five of the most frequently asked membership questions.
1. Is it free to join SEGD?
No. You cannot join for free, however, the benefits of becoming a member far outweigh the costs! Members have access to thousands of dollars in digital benefits, from free webinars to tools and services that help you gain exposure for yourself, your firm and your projects (to over 400,000 unique visitors to SEGD.org every year).
2. So, is that all?
No way! Benefits include access to: over 200 discounted course podcasts, more than 280 free educational and entertaining videos that will help you step up your design game, and reduced rates on events like the annual conference (in Austin, Texas in 2019).
3. How do I get the most from my membership?
- Send in your bio and headshot.
- Sign up for all the free webinars (and put them on your calendar).
- Send in your news, blogs and projects: Firm, solo practitioner, or student, all are welcome. (Just the who/what/when/where/how and an image can get you or your project on the front page of the website—above the fold, no less!)
- Explore the website—especially the Members/Toolbox area,where you’ll find benchmarking information, the Project Gallery (great for inspiration and adding to your Pinterest boards), marketing support tools and much more.
- Attend SEGD events to meet your design community and make lasting professional connections. (We’re not known as the “friendliest design association” for nothing!)
- Enter the design awards at a discount (or free for students).
4. Why join NOW?
Right now, first-time members can join for only $185—that’s half off the professional rate and even more off the industry rate.
5. Why haven’t I joined SEGD before?
There’s no time like the present. Call us today (+1-202-638-5555) or join online.
More information on membership, benefits and using the website.