Read Time: 3 minutes
Love design??? Looking for a position where you will be surrounded by design all the time? Well look no further, because SEGD is hiring! You read that right, SEGD is currently hiring. Keep reading to learn more about the positions we are hiring for to see if you are the right fit!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent communication, writing and organizational skills to join us as our full-time Special Projects Manager. The Special Projects Manager will provide critical administrative, communications and logistical support to the organization by leading and executing key internal projects. This role is essential as we look ahead to SEGD’s 50th anniversary in Summer 2023, and the many exciting initiatives tied to the milestone.
This position is phenomenal for someone who:
- Thrives on organizing all of a project’s moving pieces to keep a team on time and on target.
- Communicates effectively with people from different backgrounds, disciplines, and career levels.
- Loves everything “experience” design – thought leaders, education, social media and events.
- Manage a portfolio of internal projects simultaneously.
- Coordinate planning timelines and organize meetings with staff and external partners.
- Contribute to communications and knowledge-sharing efforts, including through newsletter development, writing press releases and scripts, and inventories of and successes in the field.
For more information on the position and how to submit your application, click here.
We are also looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a paid Intern (6 month minimum commitment). Applicants must be current students in a degree program focused on design, digital, arts administration or museum studies. In this role, you will assist the SEGD leadership with ongoing operations, communications, programming and special projects. This is a great opportunity for a talented student to:
- Gain professional experience working within a small nonprofit with an international reach,
- Build connections with design leaders, and
- Learn about best practices in the field of experiential graphic design.
SEGD is based in Washington, DC. This position is hybrid for locally based candidates or can be remote.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with administrative management duties
- Conduct research directed by SEGD Staff
- Assist with preparation of social media and marketing materials
- Prepare schedules and correspondence for internal projects
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials in Google Slides and Adobe In-Design
- Work with staff, Board and members to facilitate initiatives and programming
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum availability of 16 hours per week
- Current enrollment in a relevant academic program
- Must submit a cover letter expressing interest, include on-line portfolio and/or writing samples to be considered
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, as well as Google Work Space (proficient animation or film editing software a plus)
- Curious and creative mindset
- Eye for detail and design
- Passion for the field of experience design
To apply please Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio and/or writing samples via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: SEGD 2022 Intern Applicant
Both of these position applications will be open through September 6, 2022 so update that resume and send us a cover letter soon! We can’t wait to work with you and welcome you into the SEGD family!