Read Time: 6 minutes
The SEGD Global Design Awards amplifies recognition on a global scale while also celebrating firms who strive to think outside of the box, but did you know that by entering your project in the SEGD Global Design Awards, there is more opportunity for exposure with a one in four chance of being published?
The SEGD Global Design Awardsbegan in 1987, and have since set a standard of excellence, portraying the progression of experiential graphic design over the years. By highlighting superlative projects and innovative designers in the field, the awards program allows award winning firms and their respective projects recognition on a global platform. The possible awards range from merit and honors to the Sylvia Harris and Best in Show award. All of these provide great opportunity and hold great significance.
- Any and all award winners are promoted on the Design Awards pageon SEGD.org
- Award-winning projects receive about ten times the exposure of other projects
- As of 2017, finalists are also published in the project galleryand searchable by category
- Last year, 25 percent of all entries were published on the website altogether
This is all to say, by entering your project in the SEGD Global Design Awards, there is more opportunity for recognition and exposure with a one in four chance of being published!
Therefore, all entries matter.
Winning An Award Can Provide Your Firm with the Recognition It Desires
Kathy Fry, 2019 Global Design Awards Jury Chair and Principal at Portland, Oregon-based design firm, Mayer/Reed, Inc., had this to say after the firm won the 2016 Merit Award for its work on the Halprin Fountains: “We look to award-winning projects for inspiration to keep design aspirations high within our studio and with our clients. We are honored that we have been recognized in the past, and the SEGD Global Design Awards continue to motivate us to seek design excellence in our work.”
- “Sometimes we forget what we have until someone shines a light on it. More of this kind of collaboration, please!”
- “The power of this project was its ability to shine light on one of the most unknown, yet most iconic public spaces in Portland. It is diverse, playful, experiential, lean and spurred movement through the route of Halprin’s stunning work of art.”
Get Inspired and Enter Your Work Today
Although the Best in Show Award is most coveted, there are many other honors awarded that represent nothing short of outstanding and unforgettable works of design. Scroll through the slideshow above to get inspired and to see what it takes to be awarded and recognized among the best of the best in the world, year after year.
[Fun Fact: You can browse SEGD Global Design Awards galleries dating back to 1998! Simply visit the SEGD Global Design Awards main pageand peruse the right sidebar for projects by practice, by industry and by year.]
- “Highly intricate form and content juxtaposed to tell a compelling story of global unification.”
- “Just really beautiful design with a really beautiful execution. Simple, elegant and contextual design at its best.”
- “Compelling content is given the front row seat in some areas, while inspirational bold movements and typographic treatments are at the forefront of other areas, allowing for surprising variety and punctuation throughout the experience. A traveling exhibition that could look at home in every installation.”
- “The entry area typography for this piece is so bold and sexy—it turns out you can always get what you want, typographically speaking.”
- “Rarely is it possible to connect with and disprove your own biases in a safe place. Who wants to even admit they have preconceptions or are prone to stereotyping? And yet, we know they exist and might even have a little bit of it in ourselves. ‘Who, Like Me, Is Threatened?’ provides a welcoming while powerful and immediate encounter for any of us—forcing us to look inside ourselves to see what we find, literally and figuratively. Frankly, I wish we had these on every street corner.”
- “This project is a deserved winner of the Sylvia Harris Award. It compels the visitor to confront the message of human rights abuses in an engaging and personal way. Very powerful!”
Don’t wait! Make the SEGD Global Design Awards your 2019 New Year’s Resolution! Get started here!
Questions, comments, inquiries? Feel free to call or email the SEGD staff (202.638.5555 / firstname.lastname@example.org).