Read Time: 5 minutes
For the fourth year, SEGD's Xlab will be part of New York Digital Signage Week (#NYDSW) in New York. The week-long series of events centering around digital signage begins on October 29 and culminates on the evening of November 2. The events promise to be engaging, with plenty of fantastic free and paid opportunities for those interested in implementing digital signage in their outdoor and retail projects, or, increasing their involvement with the industry.
NYDSW includes three big conferences, a showcase, a roadshow, cocktail events, various open houses, a breakfast debate, private and public tours, live podcasts and other ad-hoc get-togethers, so we've consulted with Adrian Cotterill of DailyDOOH to highlight the events that SEGD members are most likely to benefit from (and in some instances, receive exclusive invites and early access).
For 2018, the calendar is filled to the brim with events, so here’s the skinny on what’s happening during the week leading up to Xlab 2018—with tips from Adrian on how to get the most out of the week. Don't forget to sign up!
Monday, October 29
- 10:00 – 16:00 D.S. DestiNY (Open to The Public)
AC: Back in August, Moment Factory launched a new interactive and immersive experience inside Manhattan’s Cunard Building. Partnering with Cipriani they created Dream Ship DestiNY, a 360 degree multimedia journey to New York. It has received rave reviews. Tickets are available to the general public Monday through to Sunday (and if you have 45 minutes to spare it is pretty much a must-see).
- 12:00 – 14:00 Lunch with Samsung at 837 Innovation Centre – Invite Only
- 12:30 – 18:00 Broadsign Customer Summit – Invite Only
- 14.00 – 16.00 Daktronics presents AVNation Live from Times Square – Live Podcast
- 16:00 – 17.00 Pier 17 Tour with ANC (RSVP)
AC: The Howard Hughes Corporation’s redevelopment of the 400,000-square-foot area surrounding and including Pier 17 has redefined an entire neighborhood in lower Manhattan. ANC, who were instrumental in the 2,000-square-feet worth of digital and LED elements in the Pier 17 redesign are kindly hosting a tour of their work. A happy hour follows at Cobble & Co Gastropub.
Tuesday, October 30
- 07.30 – 17.30 Video Everywhere Summit Presented by DPAA
- 08:00 – 11:00 Coffee and Controversy – A Digital Signage Federation Breakfast Debate
- 10.00 – 18.00 Leyard & Planar Showroom Open House and Training Event
- 12.00 – 13.00 MTA Arts & Design New Digital Artwork Tour, Fulton Center Transportation Hub
AC: Yaling Chen is one of two deputy directors of the busy MTA Arts & Design sector, where, among her main responsibilities, is the digital arts program. This year, she will be leading a tour of their most recent digital art installations at Fulton Center, showing the digital work of Philadelphia-born multimedia artist David Greber (this is a free invite).
- 17:00 – 20:00 Avixa Women’s Council NYC Group and Women of Digital Signage Networking Event: “Fun in the Sign”
- 18.00 – 19.30 3 BECOME 1 OOH & Event/Retail Tech Cocktails – PJ SOLOMON offices – Invite Only
- 17:30 – 20:30 Daktronics 2018 Times Square Spectacular – 50th Anniversary Celebration @ the R Lounge – Invite Only
AC: If you work with Daktronics and have not yet received your VIP invite, you should make contact with your local account manager. The R lounge of course offers unprecedented views of Times Square from the comfort of the Renaissance Hotel bar and restaurant facilities.
Wednesday, October 31
- 08:15 – 17:15 The DailyDOOH Investor Conference
- 09:00 – 17:00 Barco Innovation Showcase
- 17.15 – 18:30 Dentons’ Industry C-Suite Reception and Cocktail Party – Invite Only
- 17:00 – 19:00 BrightSign Happy Hour at the Press Lounge – Invite Only
- 19.00 – 22.00 Experience United Social Club
AC: SEGD President Bryan Meszaros has been instrumental in a number of innovative events, tours and site visits during the week over the last few years and on Wednesday he is at it again with the Experience United Social Club. It’s a gathering of AV, brand experience, marketing and design professionals who want to hang out at a cool bar, share some laughs and unwind away from all of the corporate events. Thisgathering of socialites takes place at the Other Half Brewery. (Note of course that this is also Halloween.)
Thursday, November 1
- 08:30 – 10.30 DPAA International Breakfast – invite only
- 09:00 – 13:00 Barco Innovation Showcase
- 10.00 – 12.00 SEGD Xlab Optional Tours
SEGD: This year's tours are focused on visits to several leading firms' offices, where they will discuss and share their recent work. Tours fill up quickly- register now.
- 10.00 – 20.00 LG Techtour
- 14.00 – 16.00 SEGD Xlab Optional Tours
- 14.00 – 16.30 Barco Seminar: ‘The Evolution of Display Technology for Retail and Public Spaces
AC: Yaling Chen will discuss the MTA Fulton Center project as part of this seminar.
- 14.00 – 17.00 Prysm Customer Experience Center Open House
- 17:30 – 19:30 SNA Displays Open House, 1500 Broadway – Invite only
AC: The 20th floor of 1500 Broadway, between 43rd and 44th streets is the new home of Sansi North America (SNA) Displays , a leading manufacturer of custom LED display solutions. It doubles the company’s New York office footprint, encompassing as it does, nearly 8,000 square feet of space.
- 17.30 – 20.00 Barco’s Media Lab Session ft. Moment Factory (tickets)
Friday, November 2
- 8:00 – 18:00 SEGD Xlab 2018
SEGD: Have you registered yet? It's less than a month away!
- 10:00 – 16:00 D.S. DestiNY (Open to The Public)
- 19:00 – 21:00 SEGD NYC Chapter Mixer
SEGD: Mix and mingle over cocktails with colleagues, friends and new connections. It's the perfect way to wrap up your Xlab experience.
And, there's more! Follow DailyDOOH to find out more about exciting NYDSW events: Twitter | LinkedIn | DailyDooh.com | NYDSW
PSST! Don't forget to register for Xlab 2018 in Brooklyn. There's a kickin' lineup and it's poised to be an unforgettable event. Don't miss out—register now!