2017.07 | POSTPONED
Creatives and Negotiation
**Note: This webinar has been temporarily postponed. Please check back for new information.
Get the Money and Respect You Need
A one-hour seminar lead by Ted Leonhardt
Work with better clients. Be treated with more respect. Get paid what you’re worth. If you struggle when asking for money, this seminar is for you. The dilemma: The empathy and sensitivity that we creatives use to create work that connects emotionally works against us at the bargaining table where the rush of raw feelings can cause us to roll over, give in, or just not ask for what we need.
This one-hour session is designed to help you be a better negotiator, while turning the anxieties you feel when asking for money into strengths that deliver money and respect.
You will learn:
- Why you and all creatives struggle when bargaining
- How to change the context of the negotiation and win
- How to tune in to your prospect and what to listen for
- What to say when they ask you to reduce your fees
- How and when to negotiate with bullies
- The power of separating facts from feelings
- When and what to ask when negotiating
- How to deal with powerful people
- Methods for using your expertise to reduce your stress
- How your vulnerability is an asset
- The power of questioning and actual questions you can ask
Ted uses a combination of teaching techniques designed to specifically for creatives:
- Illustration and cartoons
The session is designed to give you useful, memorable, insights, tools and method that will result in money in your pocket.
- Women will gain a new perspective and methods for dealing with the built in male privilege that is a fundamental aspect of negotiating with men.
- Men will gain insights into the dynamic that’s present in all mixed gender negotiations.
About Ted Leonhardt
Ted Leonhardt’s interest, which started in design, has grown into a passion for helping all creatives get full value in the global market place. He has taught negotiation training classes specifically tailored for creatives in the US and UK. Through his consulting practice Ted currently works with creatives in the US, UK, Australia, Brazil and Singapore. And through his Worth It video training series, available at tedleonhardt.com, he has helped creatives all over the world become better negotiators.
Ted is the founder and publisher of NAIL, a magazine dedicated to helping creatives thrive in the modern world. Starting in Seattle, Ted founded and built the brand design firm The Leonhardt Group which he sold in 1999. In 2000 he was recruited to the position of Chief Creative Officer/Global at Fitch Worldwide in London where he helped assemble 27 design offices including The Leonhardt Group under the Fitch banner. In 2004 he took the position of President at Anthem Worldwide a packaging design firm where he helped the company acquire and establish new design offices in the US, UK, EU and Asia. In 2005 he began his consulting practice focused first on helping designers and design firms becoming more effective negotiators. Over time he found that his clients were coming from a wide variety of creative fields not just design and he broadened his focus to include all creatives through his online training films, comics and teaching.
Go to tedleonhardt.com to learn more about Ted
Go to NAILthemagazine.com to learn more about NAIL