Read Time: 2 minutes
So, you're a Designer, Fabricator, Client or Student anywhere in the world...
...and you or your team have completed one or more projects (between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2018) in one of the following categories: Exhibitions, Placemaking and Identity, Public Installation, Strategy/Research/Planning, Wayfinding, Interactive Experience and Digital Experience Content. And, you want to enter (and win!) an SEGD Global Design Award.
Now that we've established those basic parameters, let's talk deadlines.
- You've got ONE WEEK to get your entries in before the first deadline at 11:59 PM on January 31, 2019. (After that, fees apply—so why wait?)
The timeline is clear; what’s next?
How much is it going to cost?
Not sure if your project is right for the awards?
Still on the fence? Here are 11 solid reasons you should participate:
- It's Good for Business (That's right! Even if you don't win.)
- Winning Could Change Your Life—It Changed These!
- The award itself was designed by legendary designer Massimo Vignelli. (Enough said!)
- The SEGD Global Design Awards is the only international design program that focuses exclusively on user experiences in the built environment.
- The SEGD Global Design Awards includes a special category for giving back: The Sylvia Harris Design Award recognizes the critical importance of accessible public-sector design work and enhancement of communication for projects in the public realm.
- The 2019 Jury line-upis pretty legendary. (Lance Wyman anyone?)
- All of your peers are entering. See how you stack up to others in the industry.
- The awards ceremony is at the 2019 SEGD Conference Experience: Austin.
- And then there's this: "We only enter two awards, the SEGD Global Design Awards and the Type Directors Club." -Paula Scher, Pentagram
- If you don't enter, you can't win. (Obvious, but it really puts it all into perspective.)
- Even if you don't win Best in Show, there are other honors and publication opportunities for entrants that will still offer significant exposure!
Don't wait a minute more! Opportunity is knocking. Let's do this today!