Join us for a conversation featuring EGD research insights for healthcare campus and facility design including master planning, nomenclature, information design, and patient/user experience from leading design professionals.
Our session will start out with an overview of the current state of the healthcare industry with a focus on how regulatory measurements have shifted to align healthcare design practice with the measurable effectiveness of facility performance and overall patient/user satisfaction. We will then discuss the design methodologies employed when planning comprehensive patient experiences in complex healthcare facilities and campuses. We will then shift to the scale of the user and look at the mechanisms that designers are using to create effective and holistic communication and interactive platforms for administrators, visitors, and users alike.
Topics discussed will include:
- State of healthcare transformation in the US
- Impact of policy facility and patient experiences
- Overview of existing facility campus analysis and auditing
- Strategies for engaging clients and users in developing design strategies
- Applying insights into realizable user experiences
- Developing effective interactive experiences
- Ellen Taylor, DOiT (Pennsylvania)
- Greg Nelson, Gensler (Los Angeles)
- Leslie Wolke, Leslie Wolke Consulting (Austin)
Moderated by Justin Molloy, Director of Education and Professional Development, SEGD.
Times Eastern US
2:05-2:15 Part 1: State of Healthcare and Design’s Role (10m)
2:25-2:45 Part 2: Strategy and Healthcare Campus Planning: Aligning Environments to User Needs (20m)
2:45-3:05 Part 3: Technology and Human Interaction: Measuring Application Success (20m)
3:05-3:20 Audience Q&A
3:15-3:30 Extended Q&A