1315 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
FORM IT-SHAPE IT-LIGHT IT
The most sophisticated sign fabricators and designers choose acrylic as the substrate of choice due to its endless decoration possibilities and overall durability. Whether incorporating three-dimensional elements for ADA & wayfinding or backlit illuminated signage this type of plastic is a product selected among the top designers in this field.
With the advent of LED’s as a preferred light source for illuminated signage & graphics this makes way for a more creative approach in the field of design. Both l.e.d. & advances in acrylic have dramatically effected sign design. Lower profile cabinets, letters and flush mounted illuminated wayfinding are just a few signage elements that have improved with the advance in these signage materials.
We shall be exploring the latest technologies in both of these materials and how they interact giving a new approach in designing signage for the future.
ACRYLIC: A clearer approach in proper specification:
- Quick intro to acrylics & how we use it in day to day applications for our industry.
- Usages for the sign & graphics industry; ADA, Backlighting, Display, interior/exterior directional
- Signage-LD light scattering technology, diffusers, acrylics relation to general purpose & specialty lighting/lighting design
- Clear acrylic, colored acrylic, textures
- Direct to print OptixDA acrylic (standard/non-glare). Advanced print technology & how it effects these materials
- Applications “outside the acrylic box” for retail, hospitality. corporate interiors
LEDs: what & when to use:
- Quick intro/advancements in led technology (lenses, chip technology, kelvin temperature, size)
- General understanding of led: pros/cons when to use & what
- Led used for backlighting applications (signage& graphics, display, fixture)
- Architectural Lighting (cove lighting, border tubing, general purpose lighting)
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A and social hour, drinks and food will be provided. Kevin will have samples of various acrylics(color, clear, direct to print acrylics, acrylic mirror, textured) along with samples of LEDs for architectural lighting, backlighting, display/lightbox
Please register at http://segdatl-sloan-led-plaskolite-presentation.eventbrite.com