Members please log in to see contact information.
The Signage Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to fulfilling the educational, research and philanthropic purposes of on-premise signage. SFI was established in 2002 as a 501© (3) public foundation through its supporting organizational alignment with the International Sign Association. The Foundation is governed by a board of directors representing the diversity and professional depth within the large community of individuals that believe in the social and economic value of on-premise signage. The Foundation’s initial efforts focused on working diligently to demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational stewardship, systems development and alignment with strategic constituencies. All gifts to the Signage Foundation, Inc. are tax deductible and can be given annually, through endowment gifts or by deferred giving for support in perpetuity.
The Signage Foundation, Inc. promotes intelligent and productive use of on-premise signage and storefronts that benefits every sector of the U.S. economy. The vision of SFI carries forth the positive momentum brought by research, education and a fundamental consistent mission message about the sign industry. The Foundation seeks to become a sustainable organization that achieves full integration with the academic arena. The Signage Foundation is committed to fully operational systems that will define stewardship in the organization. Signage Foundation, Inc. works with various constituencies to encourage maximally beneficial use of signage including the recognition that the sign becomes a transferable real estate asset that must be protected. The vision includes alignments that will help develop academic curriculum to train planners.
- Unconditional respect for the positive societal value of signage
- Respect for sign users
- Respect for democracy and all forms of free speech: political, commercial and public/private
- Communication of a consistent message and the predictability the consistency brings
- Rights of individuals and business
- Value of entrepreneurial development especially within the small business arena
- Value of job creation and retention
- Value of research and knowledge base for the industry developed at the highest intellectual level available to the industry with and completed with appropriate peer review
- Appreciation for the individual talents within the sign industry, its users, and its manufacturers/suppliers
View more at http://www.thesignagefoundation.org.