Presented October 22, 2002
A must for any designer or fabricator of outdoor commercial signs, wayfinding signs, regulatory signs, or gateways, this course will cover the extensive results of the research collaboration between the United States Sign Council and Penn State University, notably:
- Sign visibility and traffic safety.
- Sign legibility and the impact of color and illumination.
- Sign visibility and the impact of the driving task on detection and legibility.
- The effects of traffic volume, traffic speed, and mounting height on the visibility of roadside signs.
- Detailed exposition of the use of the USSC Legibility Index (based on the above referenced studies) to determine appropriate letter size over distance, the understanding of Viewer Reaction Time and Distance.
- How to determine sign panel size over distance and speed of travel.
- The latest data regarding minimum sign height and detection at various traffic volumes.
Andrew Bertucci, United States Sign Council
Craig Berger, SEGD
As with any other store, in order to make a purchase on segd.org, you need to have an account. If you do not have an account yet;
Please create an account first by using the "Log in/Register"link in the top right hand corner of this site below the search bar before adding this product to your cart or call 202-638-5555 for assistance. If you are a member and not logged into the website, you will not be offered the member pricing. Please Log in.