Members please log in to see contact information.
Born and raised in Tokyo, Shoko Smith came to the United States over a decade ago. She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Commercial Arts/Graphic Design, and has been practicing graphic design professionally for more than 15 years. Shoko’s design skills were refined by working in advertising and design agencies before joining GSBS Architects. Her focus now is in designing spaces that represent clients’ brands through experiential design.
Shoko Smith has experience in a wide variety of project types from educational facilities to street redevelopment, and from creating branding and signage design standards to assisting fundraising effort for clients.
Despite it being a much quieter setting than Tokyo, Shoko enjoys living in Utah, with its drier, cooler climate, and all the nature that it offers.
Notable projects include:
- Weber State University Community Outreach Center Environmental Design
- Snowbird Cliff Lodge Branding and Wayfinding Signage
- Salt Lake City Public Safety Building - Wayfinding Signage
- South Jordan City Park Signage Standards
- University of Utah College of Nursing Building - Donor Recognitions and Wayfinding Signage
- 3M Health Information Systems – Advertising/Web/Tradeshow/Marketing Materials Design