LAS VEGAS – Nowhere is digital technology making more of an impact than in retail stores, airports, malls, and other shopping and entertainment venues—where dynamic interaction, customization, and unique experiences can capture and hold on to customers’ attention.
Designing these compelling, energy-infused spaces takes a unique set of skills and insights—and a basic understanding of what technology can and cannot deliver.
SEGD’s Customer Experience (CX) Workshop, happening March 10, 2015, during the Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas, will ground designers, marketing and branding professionals, technology providers, and other creative professionals in the basics of customer experience (CX) design.
“Why CX? The Customer Experience is where new technologies and design meet. When you design the new customer experience using design thinking to focus on the user, not the technology, that is when the magic happens,” says Clive Roux, CEO of SEGD. “This is why we’re partnering with DSE to bring design, marketing, and technology together at this event to experience what is possible when design and technology work together."
CX Workshop is a one-day event focused on the power of digital experiences to engage and excite customers. The workshop is designed specifically for professionals involved in creating compelling, information-rich, experiential spaces.
It will be held 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 10, 2015, during the DSE event at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The program will include five CX modules featuring insights from top CX innovators:
- The State of CX – Get inspired by the latest trends for connecting your customers with digital experiences (with Brian Dyches, OpenEye)
- Connecting Consumers – Content, Devices, and Spaces: Learn how to create a seamless experience across multiple platforms (with Jeffrey Dumo, Array Interactive, and Douglas Hampton-Dowson, Reality Interactive)
- Digital Signage for Shopping – Learn how to best integrate digital displays and effectively engage customers (with Brian Brindisi, Gensler, and Matt Schmidt, Reflect)
- Public Space: Thinking Beyond – Explore what is possible with new models of immersive media for public space (with Darren David and Nathan Moody, Stimulant)
- Integration Breakout – Discuss and visualize best practices for integrating display technology (with a panel of CX Workshop speakers)
To see the full program, for more information, or to register for this event, go to:
CX Workshop is sponsored by Daktronics, NanoLumens, and Image Manufacturing Group.
DSE® 2015, co-located with the Digital Content Show, Mobile Integration Zone, and Innovator Zone, happens March 10-13, 2015, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 11-12 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.DSE2015.com
SEGD is the global, multidisciplinary community of professionals who plan, design, and build experiences that connect people to place. We are graphic and information designers, fabricators, architects, exhibition designers, technology integrators, interaction designers, brand strategists, students, wayfinding specialists, teachers, and others who have a hand in shaping content-rich, experiential spaces. We have 1,700 members in more than 20 countries.
DSE is the world’s largest and longest running conference and trade show exclusively dedicated to showcasing innovative digital communications and interactive technology solutions for customer- and employee-facing organizations. Launched in 2004, DSE was the first event dedicated to the digital signage market and has been a significant contributor to the growth of this fast-paced industry. Professional end user attendance represents decision-makers from key industry categories such as retail, restaurant, healthcare, education, hospitality, and transportation, as well as other key stakeholders, including advertising executives, brand marketers, and systems integrators.