Members please log in to see contact information.
An alumnus of Sir J. J. Institute of Applied Art, Sarang Kulkarni is a Type Designer and Calligrapher from Mumbai, India. In 2005, he started ‘WhiteCrow’– a Design Studio that has steadily found its niche in multi-lingual branding, bespoke type design and calligraphy across Indian scripts.
He is also one of three co-founders of ‘Ek Type’– an award winning collaborative type foundry started in 2013, that specialises in developing single and multi-script fonts across Indian languages. Most of Ek Type fonts are Open Source and available on Google fonts. Sarang has designed the Modak, Gotu and Baloo(Devanagari) Typefaces for Ek Type.
He is a member of Alliance Graphic International (AGI).
Apart from his commercial ventures, Sarang conducts workshops related to multi-script typography in conferences, advertising / design agencies and design schools. He is the current secretary of the ‘Aksharaya society’– a non-profit that collectively documents, promotes, explores and creates awareness about Indian scripts.
- Modak font: • Kyoorius Blue elephant (One of the best 50 fonts in the world as per Typographica in 2015)
- Baloo font: • Kyoorius Black and Blue elephant (One of the best 50 fonts in the world as per Typographica in 2016)
- Baloo font: • D&AD Wooden Pencil
- Jaini font: • Kyoorius Blue elephant
- Typoday 2009
- Typoday 2010
- Typoday 2013
- Kyoorius Design Yatra 2013
- Typecon - Washington DC 2014
- Apple Inc.
- Google LLC,
- Cocacola India,
- Morisawa Inc.
- Pidilite Industries,
- Star India,
- Sun Pharma,
- Tata Sky,
- Vodafone India,
- Virgin Mobile India
- and many more
View more of Sarang's work here: www.whitecrow.in | www.ektype.in | www.aksharaya.org