As professionals who design and build experiential spaces, our work connects people to place in myriad meaningful ways. In the midst of a multiple global crises, public spaces are problematic, and wayfinding and placemaking solutions need to extend beyond creating navigable and compelling spaces to provide greater safety, security, and peace of mind for users.
In this moment, we are called to reimagine public spaces: How do we communicate and create places that engage and connect, when gathering is a risk and possible futures are unclear? SEGD’s “Wayfinding + Placemaking NOW” is a virtual mini-series that seeks to answer these questions, and more.
Spanning two half-day sessions, public policy experts and designers, including SEGD Global Design Award-winners, will reveal their solutions for connecting—in all ways—to place. We’ll explore recent projects that capitalize on local community resources and assets, available technologies, and in-depth research, and will look at fresh approaches to inclusion, accessibility, safety, education, and universal design.
This package includes the following videos:
- Virtual Tour :The New York City High Line Reopening and Adapting, Paula Scher
- Identity and Place, Manuel Miranda
- Wellington, New Zealand, Nick Kapica
- Sydney, Australia, Charlie Bromley
- Mumbai, India, Baarish Date
- 2020 SEGD Wayfinding + Placemaking NOW: Day 1 - Global Moderated Discussion
- Wayfinding in Uncertain Times, Dr. Mindy Fullilove, MD
- Santiago, Chile, José Allard & Rodrigo Ramirez
- Riga, Latvia, Inguna Elere & Dagnija Balode
- Seoul, South Korea, Sherwood Choe
- Johannesburg, South Africa, Mohammed Jogie
- 2020 SEGD Wayfinding + Placemaking NOW: Day 2 - Global Moderated Discussion
Let Wayfinding + Placemaking NOW be your essential guide to designing powerful public places today; purchase now.