What you will learn
Sketchup is something most Experiential Graphic Designers use, and with good reason-it’s a tremendous tool. Speakers Andy Parsons and Seth Davisare both experts in the development of Sketchup for documentation purposes and its use as a tool for fabrication. In this Podcast, they explain how Experiential Graphic Designers can interject themselves more into the architectural process with tools such as Sketchup. They also refer to a case study to demonstrate how these methods and lessons can be applied. If you, or your colleagues are professionally involved with architects and commonly use Sketchup as a tool, then this Podcast is for you!
- A design process for the three dimensional collaboration document
- The skills needed to set up a dimensional process
- Using BIM in the process
- Using walk-throughs and mockups
- From three dimensional design intent to bid documents
- The high-end three dimensional bid document
- When does a fabricator use three dimensional drawings?
- Are some of the smaller architectural firms starting to use Sketchup models or are they using AutoCAD early on?
- How are high end documentation detail drawings integrated into the BIM model?
This course contains 1 podcast, with 1 accompanying PDF presentation.
- Approximately 60 minutes
- Andy Parsons, Parsons Environmental Graphics Consulting
- Seth Davis,Urban Sign and Crane
Presented October 28, 2009
Members, log in before adding products to your cart to receive member discounts using the "Log in/Register"link in the top right hand corner of this page or call 202-638-5555 for assistance.