What you will learn
Linear - as in using the documentation process to keep moving the process forward in a straight line. Learn design documentation strategies that effectively communicate design intent, streamline the manufacturing process, and reduce unnecessary costs to the end user and internal budget overruns. This course will touch on subjects that affect everyone on the design team: principals, project managers, designers, production specialists, fabricators, and installers.
- The designer's role in the process
- Defining the deliverables - Key milestones in the development of the design
- The Elements
- Means and Methods
- Materials limitations
- What makes a good note?
- The Drawings are Contract Documents
- What does "Performance Specification" Mean?
- Technical Specifications
- The Design Process
- How to build effective teams to handle the task at hand
- How to manage the construction during the design phase
- Procurement Strategies - Cost-saving procurement approaches
- Managing the Bid Process
- Strategies to reduce repetitive tasks between design and construction
- One mp3 audio file
- One PDF presentation file
- One Downloadable zip file containing both.
- Approximately 58 min
- James Keppel | Ellipsis…
Presented February 24, 2005
Members, log in before adding products to your cart to receive member discounts using the "Log in/Register"link in the top right hand corner of this page or call 202-638-5555 for assistance.