What you will learn
The Documentation packages for Environmental Graphic Design projects are becoming bigger and bigger without clear standards in place for the development of consistent drawing sets. Clayton Moss and Scott Souchock both have extensive documentation expertise and experience in this area. In this Podcast, Clayton will talk about multi-level documentation strategies and strategies that designers can utilize when thinking about how to document a project in the design phase. Scott discusses architectural drawing sets and shares a logical approach to structure the drawing packages in the set. Other information included in this podcast includes: drawing document order, and what to include in EGD document sets to allow clients and others clear communication and understanding of a project with the content formed to flow. Many of the SEGD courses focus on different areas within the documentation process and each one is as important as the next. This podcast focuses on best practices in the development of EGD documentation packages.
- Documentation page formatting standards
- Best practices for the placement of specifications in the drawing package
- Use of architectural documentation symbols
- Coordinating with architectural building drawing sets
- Most designers don’t want to go through the documentation process for every project. What advice would you give toward bringing in other allied professionals?
- Should you develop a strategy at the beginning of the project?
- One downloadable mp3 audio file
- Two downloadable PDF presentation files
- There is one zip file to download
- Approximately 57 min
- Clayton Moss, FORMA
- G. Scott Souchock, G. Scott! Design
Presented March 4, 2008
Members, log in before adding products to your cart to receive member discounts using the "Log in/Register"link in the top right hand corner of this page or call 202-638-5555 for assistance.