Members please log in to see contact information.
Nicole Yang is a Wayfinding Designer at Arup in the New York Studio.
Nicole Yang is a Wayfinding Designer in Arup’s New York office with over 6 years’ experience working on wayfinding system and signage design. Prior to joining Arup, Nicole Yang worked with Lebowitz Gould Design, Inc. on projects for diverse clients in education, hospitality, healthcare, and corporate sectors. Nicole focuses on wayfinding strategy, concept development as well as design execution. She has extensive experience in signage and wayfinding, ADA signage compliance, and donor recognition integration.
Nicole is trained as a graphic designer and also has worked on multiple branding and environmental graphics projects through her career.
Nicole is a creative thinker, problem solver, and collaborator, who has a strong enthusiasm for user experience to connect people and space.
Projects Nicole has worked on at Arup:
- MTA Enhanced Stations Initiative Program–33 Stations, New York, NY: manages wayfinding and signage for the Enhanced Station Initiative and coordinates with clients, sub-consultants and other internal disciplines.
- San Francisco State Mobility and Wayfinding Plan: lead designer developing a wayfinding strategy and signage plan that reinforces clear pedestrian paths, as well as a new campus map.
- Chicago Union Station, Chicago, USA: wayfinding designer on the development of a new wayfinding strategy, preliminary location plan and signage system that will be shared by Amtrak and Metra riders.
- Pittsburgh Pedestrian Wayfinding, Pittsburgh, PA: wayfinding designer to develop the graphic design for the map kiosk system.
- PDX Terminal Core Redevelopment, Portland, Oregon: wayfinding designer tasked with developing new user-friendly wayfinding strategies and signage systems for the Terminal Core, with implications for the expansion of the system airport-wide.
- Staten Island Ferry Passenger Circulation and Wayfinding, New York, NY: developed wayfinding strategies and signage concepts to provide passengers with a clear, efficient and smooth user experience.
Projects Prior to Arup:
- Gouverneur Health NYC-HHC, Downtown New York, NY: Team designer for the project of the Community Health & Wellness and Skilled Nursing Facility Center - renaming and rebranding, brand standards, website update, exterior banner program, multi-lingual signage, and wayfinding program for new and renovated buildings and satellite office.
- West Windsor Jewish Community Center, Princeton, NJ: Lead designer for Signage, wayfinding and donor recognition design package for facilities, including Pool, Early Childhood Learning Center, Health Center, Gymnasium, Café, and Meeting rooms.
- Silver Suites Residences Beekman Tower, Mid-Town New York, NY: Lead designer of the interior signage and wayfinding system for the conversion of a landmark building from a hotel to residences, including 201 units, Fitness center, Business Center, Conference Rooms, and a Rooftop Lounge.
- Innovation Partnership Building UConn Tech Park, Storrs, CT: Lead designer of the interior wayfinding and signage system for a four-floor on-campus Tech Park Innovation Partnership Building dedicated to graduate research and tech start-up incubators.
- Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema, at Steiner Studios, Brooklyn, NY: Lead designer of the interior wayfinding and signage system for 56,500 sq ft of full production facilities and a screening room in a WWII vintage industrial space at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Nicole designed a donor recognition wall with individual magnetic panels to allow flexibility for adding and removing names. All panels are treated with durable Direct Embed process.
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn, NY: Lead designer of the understated exterior and interior signage and wayfinding system for an upscale Hotel in downtown Brooklyn. Signage system includes exterior primary Hotel identification, vehicle and pedestrian directional signs, interior directory and directional signs, guestroom identification, stylized public space identification, ADA and safety code signs, etc.
- Hertz HQ environmental graphic, Estero, FL: Co-designer of the three-dimensional environmental graphics on corridor walls and in the cafeteria area within the brand new three-floors headquarter office building, enhancing the interior design and creating a welcome working space for staffs.
Nicole earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts(BFA) in Graphic Design from the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
Connect with Nicole Yang on LinkedIn.
See her work at Arup.