greenloop, the leading conference for sustainability professionals across the visitor attractions sector, will feature a stellar line up of sustainability leaders from the world’s top attractions, from the Smithsonian to Disney to Chester Zoo and beyond.
Now in its second year, the virtual conference will specifically focus on how museums theme parks, zoos and other attractions can become more sustainable, by coming together and learning from each other.
Museum and cultural attractions
Leaders from museums and cultural attractions will speak about hot topics and share strategies and insights, including:
- Dr. Ellen Stofan, Under Secretary for Science and Research at Smithsonian Institution will share how she is setting an impactful sustainability strategy
- Dominic Hare, CEO, Blenheim Palace will talk about decarbonising the visitors’ travel
- Chris Michaels, Dir. Digital, Comms and Tech, National Gallery will discuss the risks and rewards of new technologies for museums and art galleries
- Alistair Hudson, Director, the Whitworth and Manchester Art Gallery will share how and why the Whitworth created a sustainable NFT
- Penni Hall, Head, Strategic Projects & Governance, M+ Museum and Ria Smith, Manager Strategic Projects, M+ Museum will talk about how the M+ is engaging staff members with a sustainability journey
- Tim Pethick, Founder, CEO, Nomad Ehibitions will talk about creating a carbon neutral touring exhibition
- Alison Criddle, Museum Carbon Literacy Officer, Museum Development North West | Manchester Museum, will speak about creating a carbon literacy toolkit for museums
- David Harland, CEO, Eden Project International will set out how the New Edens and Wild Sites are a radical model for positive change
"greenloop is a must-attend event, crossing boundaries to bring together really thought-provoking insights and ideas around the way visitor attractions can not only minimise their environmental impact on the planet, but also act as catalysts for positive change.
I cannot think of another event which goes near greenloop as a concentrated dollop of practical green inspiration – a must-attend for several of our team."
Dominic Hare, CEO Blenheim
Sharing sustainability insights across the visitor attractions sector
Recognising that all visitor attractions face many of the same challenges, greenloop’s unique cross-sector approach will allow attendees to learn from and network with their industry peers across a broad spectrum of attractions.
Leveraging Blooloop’s worldwide network of professionals in theme parks, museums, zoos, aquariums and more, greenloop will feature attractions leaders discussing hot topics and giving actionable advice to help attendees in their sustainability journeys.
Other speakers to inspire include the United Nations, Walt Disney Imagineering, Miral, Chester Zoo, New England Aquarium and many more.
"When it comes to solving really big challenges, like how do we build sustainable theme parks, resorts and cruise ships around the world, it takes all of us and all of these different industries coming together.
And that’s what’s great about greenloop … our collaboration is key to really think about how we build sustainable themed entertainment experiences."
Emily Dow, Design Studio Executive with Walt Disney Imagineering
Tickets – early bird rates to 31 March
Standard tickets are available at £75 each at early bird rates.
There is also an early bird group ticket for operators and institutions for £150 for up to 10 attendees from the same organisation. That’s just £15 each!
Early bird rates offering a 25% reduction on full ticket prices are available until 31st March.
Student tickets are £25. Please apply to [email protected] using your university email.
Recordings of the live event will be available afterwards for ticket holders.
Sponsorship opportunities are available, including sponsorship of sessions. We also have some low maintenance, high impact, great value options for suppliers who would like to showcase their green innovations.
Please contact Alice at [email protected].