SEGD Portland Chapter Co-Chair and 2016 SEGD Board Member
Kathy Fry is an associate partner at Mayer/Reed, a multidisciplinary design studio bringing together Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Visual Communications and Product Design.She is involved in design and project management of signage, wayfinding, interpretive graphic design and branded spaces for transportation agencies, museums, hospitals, libraries, office spaces, and universities. Prior to joining Mayer/Reed, Kathy was a designer and studio manager for a museum exhibit design firm.
Kathy Fry's love of our cities, public spaces, museums, and parks is a part of her. She believes that well designed graphics enhance our experience of these spaces. "We are welcomed by landmarks, put at ease with clear wayfinding, and make a deeper connection through interpretation. Kathy Fry brings a respectful sense of collaboration to her work at Mayer/Reed. When we come together as problem solvers with a vision of a well designed space, solutions emerge that elegantly bring together form and function."
Some of the projects that Kathy Fry has worked on:
• Vancouver Community Library, Vancouver, WA
• OSU, Basketball Practice Facility, Corvallis, OR
• UW, Odegaard Library Renovation, Seattle, WA
• Travel Oregon, Portland Office, Branded Environment
• Sound Transit Signage Standards Update, Seattle, WA
• TriMet Portland to Milwaukie Light Rail; Site Furnishings & Signage
• San Ysidro Land Port of Entry Signage, San Ysidro, CA,
• Bud Clark Commons, Portland, OR
• Pacific Lutheran University, Campus Wayfinding, KPLU, Tacoma, OR
• Lan Su Chinese Gardens, Portland, OR
Connect with Kathy Fry on LinkedIn.
Find out more about Kathy Fry and her work at Mayer/Reed