Members please log in to see contact information.
Gladys Brenner, President and lead designer of AB Design, has more than 20 years experience in experiential graphic design and project management in the USA and abroad. She is in charge and is closely involved in all project sfrom conception through the satisfactory completion.
Ms. Brenner graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University Communication Arts and Design Department with an MFA in Design and Communication. She also holds an MFA in Architecture and a BA in Graphic Design from the School of Architecture, Urban Planning and Design of the University of Buenos Aires in Argentina.
She was a faculty member at Virginia Commonwealth University teaching computer graphics and at the Universidad de Buenos Aires teaching History of Graphic Design. She was a curator for design exhibits in Virginia and Washington, DC and a presenter at the Society for Experiential Graphic Design (SEGD) Gladys is an active member of the Society for Experiential Graphic Design and a Professional Member of the Sign Design Society, UK (SDS). Ms. Brenner maintains a current knowledge of issues affecting
signage, including current trends regarding placement, visibility and effectiveness.
Gladys Brenner and AB Design were part of the team that won the 2016 Platinum BD+C’s Building Team Awards, a recognition program to honor projects both for their design/construction excellence and the successful collaboration of the AEC team.
Ms. Brenner has knowledge of six foreign languages and her exposure to diverse cultures during her educational trips, prove to be useful when approaching wayfinding projects that impact visitors from diverse backgrounds.
Half the Sky Movement: advocacy and fund raising with emphasis in education.
Member of the Council for Social Justice in the Central Virginia Area. Among her many clients:
- The City of Richmond, VA. Exterior pedestrian and parking wayfinding signage.
- The Village of Irvington, NY. Branding/logo development and wayfinding plan.
- Appomattox River Trail, Petersburg, VA. Branding/logo and wayfinding plan.
- Onondaga Lakeview Amphitheater, Syracuse, NY. Exterior wayfinding signage.
- Capitol Visitor Center, Washington, DC. Exterior wayfinding and interpretive signage.
- Virginia Science Museum. Richmond, VA and Danville, VA. Wayfinding conceptual master plan.
- Eaton Hotel, Washington, DC. Interior wayfinding.
- Buffalo General Medical Center, Buffalo NY. Wayfinding Master Plan.
- Kaleida Skilled Nursing Facility, Buffalo, NY. Interior sign system.
- US Department of State Truman Building Washington, DC. Exterior and interior wayfinding.
- Richmond Federal Courthouse, Richmond, VA. Exterior and interior wayfinding.
- Hillsdale College, Washington DC Campus. Interior and exterior sign system.
- Performing Arts Center and Library, Lauderhill, FL. Interior and exterior sign system.
View more of Gladys' work at AB Design