Different cities face unique design challenges, but their innovative approaches can inspire designers across the world. That’s one of the reasons SEGD hosts conferences in cities across the United States—to give attendees insight into regional design and inspiration to incorporate into their own work.
Here’s a taste of how you’ll experience Minneapolis at the 2018 SEGD Conference:
- Then and Now: Connecting People to Place in the Twin Cities: Journalist and Architectural Historian Larry Millett will discuss how Minneapolis and St. Paul’s positioning in the upper Midwest along the Mississippi River has led to its development as a mill city, a center of industry and a future destination for technology innovation, brand design, art and culture.
- Activating Fan Experiences: City, Brand and Sport: The recently completed U.S. Bank Stadium—home to the Minneapolis Vikings Football team—created a new anchor point for downtown Minneapolis’ urban development and community connectivity. Hear the client-side story of the stadium’s development, activation and role in shaping fan experiences from Minnesota Vikings Football VP ofPartnership Activation and Special Projects Tanya Dreesen.
- Removing the Silos: Early Collaboration for a Seamless Passenger Journey: Learn how a highly integrated process between the client, architect and EGD firm is resulting in improved passenger experience strategies and setting new standards for best practice to approach comprehensive, terminal-wide signage and wayfinding program changes to MSP, the largest and busiest airport in the upper midwest.
In additional to the Minneapolis-centric conference program,participants will have the opportunity to see the city first-hand on project tours. Explore the city on the following tours (but hurry, these experiences are selling out fast!):
- 3M Innovation Center | Transportation sponsored by Sherine Industries
- Mill City Museum
- Nicollet with Coen+Partners
- (SOLD OUT!) Guthrie Theater with Michael Haug
- (SOLD OUT!) U.S. Bank Stadium with Selbert Perkins Design and Infinite Scale
- (SOLD OUT!) Nice Ride City Bike Experience with Richard Lang
- (SOLD OUT!) Brewery by Light Rail Experience with Jesse Yungner | sponsored by AGI
Note: Premium tours require a $100 fee.
- Target Center with Dimensional Innovations
- Walker Sculpture Garden
Join your peers at the only conference specifically created for the experiential graphic design community in one of the coolest cities in the United States. Register today!