So you're a Designer, Fabricator, Client or Student from anywhere in the world...
...and you've got an amazing project you or your team completed between 1/1/2013 and 12/31/2015 in one of the following categories: Exhibitions, Placemaking and Identity, Public Installations, Strategy/Research/Planning, Wayfinding, Interactive Experiences and Digital Experience Content. And you want to enter (and win!) an SEGD Global Design Award.
Now that we've established those basic parameters, let's talk deadlines:
- Bad news-- you're already late. (The first deadline was 1/31/2016.)
- Good news-- you can enter late entries (with a late fee) until the 2/14/2016 deadline. (Happy Valentine's Day!)
- Even better news for you last minute folks-- we are extending the late deadline until 2/21/2016! (You're welcome.)
The timeline is clear; moving on to what's required:
Not sure if your project is right for the awards?
Still on the fence about entering? Here are 10 (mostly) great reasons you should participate:
- It's Good for Business (Really! And even if you don't win.)
- Winning Could Change Your Life-- It Changed These!
- The award itself was designed by legendary designer Massimo Vignelli. (Enough said!)
- The SEGD Global Design Awards is the only international design program that focuses exclusively on user experiences in the built environment.
- The SEGD Global Design Awards includes a special category for "giving back." The Sylvia Harris Design Award recognizes the critical importance of accessible public-sector design work and enhancement of communication for projects in the public realm.
- The 2016 Jury Line-up is Pretty Awesome.
- Everyone else is doing it.
- This: "We only enter two awards, the SEGD Global Design Awards and the Type Directors Club." - Paula Scher, Pentagram
- The awards ceremony is at the 2016 SEGD Conference Experience: Seattle.
- If you don't enter, you can't win. (Obvious yes, but true!)