For the first time in two years, a broad SEGD community of exhibition designers, curators, technology integrators, fabricators, brand managers, design faculty and students will convene at the Exhibition & Experience Designevent. It's only 1 week away, on August 18, and is followed by optional tours of amazing local DC exhibitions and experiences, and an experiential scavenger hunt! The workshop, held at AIA headquarters, will feature trend sessions on key areas of interest such as design, technology, corporate experiences and next-generation trends. Tours across DCwill include the White House Visitors Center, the National Museum of African American History and Culture and the National Museum of the American Indian and more.
Here are 5 more good reasons to register for E&E next week:
1. This is the only comprehensive event focused on this practice area with an agenda developed to provide the insight you need to design the most effective, engaging and balanced exhibition and experience projects today. If you're thinking I'm busy now, I'll go to a similar event later in the year, let us be the first to tell you; you won't find another event like E&E.
2. The day will be chock-full of examples, ideas and discussion on very topical issues in the field. We've given you little tastes of subjects Abbott Miller,Clare Brown,Wendy Evans Joseph,Craig Lovin, Kevi Louis-Johnsonand other award-winning designers and thought leaders will delve into. If you're thinking, I can catch up on these ideas in some other way, we would be compelled to reply that there's nothing like being there. You can read for weeks or watch videos, but you can't replicate the energy of the event, or the conversations with participants, the exclusive tours, or the opportunity to personally ask your burning questions.
3. If you're looking to build your network of potential collaborators for future projects, there will be a wealth of experience and know-how represented among attendees and presenters at this event…and students interested in joining the field, too! If you're thinking I can network and find collaborators on the web we'd say you are partially right (here on segd.org!) but then, nothing beats meeting good people in the collegial environment of an SEGD event of this scope.
4. You can enjoy and gain understanding from one of the optional tours offered in conjunction with this event. You might be thinking, but I can see those exhibitions any time. While that is true of a few of the venues, you would miss entirely the perspective of the exhibition designers and the opportunity to understand the process behind it.
5. You can have some fun with an Experiential Scavenger Hunt brought to you by Gallagher & Associates. It's going to be a decidedly "DC insider" sort of affair: unexpected tastes, searches for politicos and celebrities and a bit of House of Cards, with a few twists, turns and a toast. Whatever you're thinking about why you don't need to clear your afternoon to go on this hunt, we have just one word to counter those thoughts: FUN!
Thinking these are great reasons not to miss E&E? See the full program and register here.