Brisbane Co-Chapter Chair
Despina Macris and Mark Ross established Dot Dash in 1987 as a design firm that best expressed their combined talents and skills.
With a career spanning several decades, Despina Macris' eclectic range of experience leads through the creative channels of graphic design and costume design. Her passion for typography, colour theory, and linguistics inform the visual language of Dotdash. This broad scope of design knowledge allows for a contribution to the specialised field of wayfinding that is both versed and imaginative.
As a working director, Despina’s role within the practice informs areas of design direction, design team co-ordination, and the implementation of foundational design principles.
Outside the reach of visual communication, Despina contributes to strategic business planning at Dotdash.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Illustration and Design Queensland College of Art
- Member: SEGD - Society of Environmental Graphic Design USA
- Member: IIID - International Institute of Information Design Zurich
- Member: SDS - Sign Design Society UK
- Member: Colour Society of Australia
Connect with Despina Macris on Linkedin
See Despina Macris' work with Dot Dash