Members please log in to see contact information.
WE ARE THE WAYFINDING & WAYSHOWING BENCHMARK...
The Design Office of Steve Neumann & Friends is the end product of the successful merging of two exacting disciplines: Architecture and Graphic Design.
From small office buildings to complex hospitals, universities, and real estate developments, The Office of Steve Neumann & Friends (SN&F) utilizes environmental graphics to reduce visual communication to their essential components and apply current technology and contemporary design in developing Signage, Wayfinding & Wayshowing solutions within the built environment since 1974.
SN&F helps healthcare institutions increase their level of patient satisfaction and organizational efficiency by empowering patients and visitors with the wayshowing tools they need to navigate unassisted, even through the most complex and challenging healthcare wayfinding environments.
SN&F are a team of graphic and architectural signage designers, not fabricators. We are not in the practice of architecture, but are in the practice of solving visual communication branding and wayshowing problems within architecture.
For the past 20+ years SN&F has had the pleasure of operating out of a custom designed and constructed two story design studio, nestled in the residential neighborhood of Rice Village, adjacent to Rice University. The studio allows for frequent studio/staff configuration permitting wayfinding project teaming and unified in-house production, as projects require. The overall studio is supported by three primary Macintosh data servers with over 30tb of storage capability. All graphic designers work at Mac workstations with output to digital plotters (3) and printers (4), to produce in-house branding manuals and project graphic standards documentation for bidding or continuation usage. As many of our clients reflect a 10-19 year relationship, our data files remain accessible for them for historical reference and use through our ftp site.
SN&F approach each wayfinding and signage program as a challenge unique unto itself. Our solutions reflect input from all parties: Client, Architect, Graphic Designer and User. The result being a wayfinding and signage program which solves the user’s visual communication problems.
Wayfinding Consulting Services include:
- Wayfinding Experience Audits
- Site Surveys & Asset Inventory (Photographic & Database)
- Wayfinding/Wayshowing Master Plans
- Design Implementation and Adaptation (using an existing (prior) design by others)
- ADA & Code Compliance Research
- Digital & Static Signage & Interactive Wayshowing Systems
- Wayshowing Management Systems
- Product Completion/Verification/Owner's Acceptance (Punch-List Programs)
- Construction Management/Supervision/Owner's Representation
- On-Site Staff Training/Consultation/Program Supervision (Hands-On Participation at the side of the Owner's staff)
- Cradle-to-Grave Turn-Key Wayshowing Participation
- Design-Build Delivery/Implementation/Coordination
- Fabrication Management/Supervision/Value Engineering
Contact: Steve Neumann
View our work