5 – October 11, 2013 – DXBOSTON 2013
Friday, 12pm – 1:30pm
Description: DxB (Design Exchange Boston) is a week of events and experiences celebrating the impact of design. Our goal is to explore the ideas, work, and strategies currently shaping our culture as we brand Boston as a 21st-century city shaped by the creative economy.
Participants: AIGA, AIA, IIDA, ASID, DMB, BSA, IFDA, IDSA, SEGD, IxDA, and others —
DxB welcomes a diverse audience of entrepreneurs, professionals, students, educators, retailers, makers & manufacturers, tourists, and the design-savvy public.
- Demonstrate design as an integral component of our social and economic communities
- Showcase Boston as a city led by design, thereby attracting and retaining top creative talent
- Encourage collaboration among design organizations
- Educate the public on the diverse ways design affects day-to-day life
- Share the design work of innovative individuals, organizations, and businesses
- Facilitate our creative economy and stimulate growth in our region
- Create opportunities for networking, dialogue, and access across disciplines and communities
Special presentation on Friday, October 11 at noon by Denise Lugar and Andrew Barresi of Roll Barresi, Cambridge, MA.