Does your boss need some persuading to sign off on your trip to Miami for the 2017 SEGD Conference, June 8–10? We can help with that. Here’s a letter that will show them the ROI that will get you to MIA.
Dear [Insert Supervisor’s Name]
I’d like to attend the 2017 SEGD Conference Experience Miami,June 8–10. My participation in the conference will be a great investment for our company, and here’s why:
- I’ll grow our company’s network and business development potential by connecting with new partners and clients. [Over cocktails? Maybe, but no need to bring that up.]
- I‘ll learn from the leaders of top-level design firms like Moshe Safdie Architects, Gensler, Contexto/New World Symphony, Holmes Wood, TwoTwelve and more. [And you’ll get a chance to meet and hear from design legend Lance Wyman, but no need to rub that in.]
- I’ll collect competitive intelligence, finding out what the other guys are doing and why. [No need for a spy-cam—speakers share willingly!]
- I’ll find new vendor and fabrication resources and learn about new processes and materials at NEXPO. [And pens. You’ll bring back lots of promotional pens.]
- I’ll be able to lend my skills to the greater good by participating in the Design Improv(e) session. [This year’s project will be to create a donor wall and building signage for a non-rpofit focused on providing shelter and support services to over 500 homeless women, youth, and children in Greater Miami.]
- I’ll learn about the latest design services innovations and workflow improvements using digital tools. [Adding “digital” to this a few more times might make an even bigger impression.]
- I’ll take prolific notes and bring my new knowledge back to the office to share with my co-workers. [But until then, you’ll be the smartest person in the office.]
- I’ll Tweet and blog about the conference while I’m there, increasing awareness of our company. [Except for Design Improv. What happens in DI, stays in DI.]
- I’ll be energized and ready to kick butt when I get back! [Perhaps tone this up or down depending on your boss’s appreciation of metaphors and anatomical references.]
We’ve all been working so hard the past few months and this is a GREAT way for me to recharge my batteries and get inspired to produce at an even higher level when I get back.
And last but not least, we’ll get our money’s worth, with three jam-packed days of learning sessions,behind-the-scenes project tours,networking events and NEXPO!
[Your Hard-Working, Go-Getting, Forward-Thinking Employee]