Does your boss need some persuading to sign off on your trip to Minneapolis for the 2018 SEGD Conference, June 7–9?
We can help with that. Here’s a letter chock-full of ROI to get you there.
Dear [Best Boss in the World]:
I’d like to attend the 2018 SEGD Conference Experience Minneapolis,June 7–9. My participation in the conference will be a great investment for our company, and here’s why.
- I’ll grow our company’s network and business development potential by connecting with new partners and clients. [Over cocktails? Maybe, but no need to bring that up.]
- I‘ll learn from the leaders of top-level design firms like Hunt Design, Buro North, Kate Keating Associates, 3M Design, Contend and more. [And those are just the firms speaking. No telling who you’ll meet in the buffet line.]
- I’ll collect competitive intelligence, finding out what the other guys are doing and why. [No need for a spy-cam; speakers share willingly!]
- I’ll find new vendor and fabrication resources and learn about new processes and materials at NEXPO. [New this year: NEXPO Talks. Get your hands dirty with demonstrations of materials and technology innovation on the NEXPO show floor.]
- I’ll gain inspiration and see first-hand what the best of the best in experiential graphic design are doing at the 2018 SEGD Global Design Awards ceremony. [And you’ll get to pick the winners’ brains at the reception.]
- I’ll learn about the latest design services innovations and workflow improvements using digital tools. [Add “digital” to this a few more times for an even bigger impression.]
- I’ll take prolific notes and bring my new knowledge back to the office to share with my co-workers. [But until then, you’ll be the smartest person in the office.]
- I’ll have access to innovative design-driven local venues on the walking and project tours. [And you’ll get your steps in. So many steps.]
- I’ll be energized and ready to kick butt when I get back! [Perhaps tone this up or down based on your boss’s tolerance of metaphor and anatomical references.]
- It's not Miami, Las Vegas or New Orleans, so chances are I'll get into a lot less trouble. [Maybe...]
We’ve all been working so hard the past few months and this is a GREAT way for me to recharge my batteries and get inspired to produce at an even higher level when I get back.
And last but not least, we’ll get our money’s worth, with three jam-packed days of learning sessions, behind-the-scenes project tours, networking events and NEXPO!
[Your Hard-Working, Go-Getting, Forward-Thinking Employee]
P.S. When you're ready, we can get me signed up here.But don't forget: Prices go up May 1.