2019 SEGD Educator Award: Robert Pro
Members please log in to see contact information.
About the College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
Welcome to DAAP
The programs within the University of Cincinnati's College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning are, year-after-year, ranked among the very best in both a world and national class. For instance
- Every two years, BusinessWeek magazine ranks the international elite of design programs, the top 30 design schools on the planet. UC routinely makes that world-class list.
- I.D. (International Design) magazine, listed UC among the globe's Top Ten design schools, and the only public institution to make that list.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UC's graduate program in design at Number Six in the nation.
- Each year, DesignIntelligence conducts a national survey of the most important judges of all, design and architecture employers. UC's Industrial Design program was ranked number one in the nation for 2013.
- And this year, DesignIntelligence ranked our undergraduate Interior Design program at number two nationally and our Master of Architecture program at number ten in the nation.
- An industry publication, Planetizen, also ranks our graduate programs in planning amongst the best, fourth in the Midwest and 16th in the nation.
There are other national rankings as well; however, any academic program, college or even university is more than its rankings. They only point to a larger reality.
Within DAAP, you'll have the opportunity to work with students, faculty and industry leaders in all of our disciplines, as well as with students, faculty and professionals from throughout the university, including business, engineering, medicine and more. You'll engage in real-world projects brought to us by regional, national and even international clients. The goal: improving the quality of life through innovations in art and design.
What's more, many of our programs include cooperative education. Cooperative education is where students alternate quarters or semesters in the classroom with quarters or semester of paid, professional work. UC's co-op program is ranked among the top ten in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Via co-op, our students literally work around the globe to expand their educational options while building impressive resumes and professional networks. It's safe to say: no design program in the nation can match UC's co-op program.