7x7: Seven speakers, seven minutes, only in SF.
Join the SEGD SF Chapter for an engaging evening as we explore placemaking, and how place and being inform process, authenticity, and experience.
We’ll consider what makes place successful through a broad range of lenses, including urban planning, community engagement, culinary, technology, art, and workplace.
Seven leading San Francisco-based creatives will share their perspectives for seven minutes each, showing how their diverse backgrounds inspire unique perspectives and processes through their work.
Of course, no San Francisco event would be complete without food and drinks!
Chef Kim Alter, of the much anticipated Nightbird Restaurant in Hayes Valley, will lead us through a hors d'oeuvre tasting menu, as she pairs senses with experience and place. Beer and wine will also be provided through the evening.
- David Mayman, Method, Senior Interaction Designer
- Geeti Silwal, Perkins + Will, Associate Principal, Urban Design
- Jane Kim, InkDwell, Science Illustrator, Artist
- Jon Stich, Illustrator & Painter
- Kiley Arroyo - Executive Director, Cultural Strategies Council
- Kim Alter, Nightbird Restaurant, Chef & Owner
- Natalie Engels, Gensler, Design Director and Senior Associate, IIDA Past President Nor. Cal.
Monday, June 6th, 2016
475 Brannan Street, at the Steelcase HQ - 475 Brannan St # 110, San Francisco, CA 94107
Sponsored by Designtex & Steelcase
Space is limited, so please reserve your tickets early.
SEGD Members and Students (with verification): $5
Parking is available in the garage of the building.
Cars will need to be moved before parking attendant leaves at 8:30.