Read Time: 2 minutes
In celebration of this week’s theme for SEGD September, Education, we are sharing the video recordings of the 2022 SEGD Academic Summit. This annual event focuses on new developments in design research and education.
The SEGD Academic Summit is a forum for trends in design education research, projects and curriculum innovation for design academics, students and researchers. This event is great for industry members as well to reconnect with the new ideas that are coming from researchers today.
This year’s event consisted of 12 spectacular presenters and four presentation categories:
Multi-Sensory: Physical + Digital Engagement
- Color Crush: Crafting multisensory digital-physical interactives in a science museum with Jungu Guo, MFA/Creative Technologist, Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago
- Flow, with Naz Ertugrul, FIT Graduate Exhibition + Experience Design
- Connected, Bhawika Mishra, Two Twelve, Experiential Designer
Perspectives: An Exhibition View
- Evolving Graphic Design, Yeohyun Ahn, Assistant Professor, Graphic Design + Interaction Design in the Art Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Seldom is Heard, Ciera Iveson, FIT Graduate Exhibition + Experience Design
- Un|Filtered: The Paradox of Water on the Gulf Coast, Andrea Barela, University of Houston
Complex Social Issues + Human Centered Design
- Memory Project, Neeta Verma, Associate Professor, University of Notre Dame, Visual Communication Design
- From the Mother’s Movement to Cradlr, Jing Zhou, Monmouth University, Professor, Graphic + Interactive Design
- Neuro Divergent, Ana Tobin, Maryland Institute of Art
Narrative Spaces + Interpretive Connectors
- City as an Exhibition, Veeksha Mehndiratta, New Delhi, School of Planning + Architecture, Vijayawada
- Story Core, Daphne Peters, Carnegie Mellon, School of Design, Assistant Teaching Professor, Chair
- Invitation to Interpret, Chase Dougherty, University of Arts, Museum Exhibition Design & Planning
Click here to view all of the 2022 SEGD Academic Summit video recordings.