Lucite International, owner of the LuciteLux® acrylic brand, opened the call for entries for its second annual JUST IMAGINE Awards, which celebrate the work of designers who turn their creative vision into reality using LuciteLux®.
The company is accepting JUST IMAGINE Awards entries via www.lucitelux.com and will continue to do so through September 15, 2014. The work must be completed using LuciteLux® between 2012 and 2014 to be eligible.
The company also announced the prestigious panel of expert judges who will select the 2014 winner:
• Aaron R. Thomas, designer, architect and artist
• Anne-Louise Ewen, fine artist and LuciteLux® painter/sculptor
• Jaime Derringer, founder and executive editor of Design Milk
• Jamer Hunt, director of the experimental graduate program in transdisciplinary design at Parsons The New School for Design
• Jason Kelly Johnson and Nataly Gattegno, architects and founders of Future Cities Lab
• Ron Labaco, Marcia Docter Curator for the Museum of Arts & Design
• Chris Robinson, Business Manager, Lucite International Inc.
Lucite International will celebrate the winner with a full-page spread in Architectural Record as well as a making-of documentary that tells the story of the designer’s work with LuciteLux®. The documentary will premiere at an exclusive screening party at the site of the installation and appear in a sponsored feature on the Design Milk blog.
"We are thrilled to launch the second annual JUST IMAGINE Awards as a way to honor the myriad designers who embrace the uniqueness of working with our material, LuciteLux®," said Robinson. "Last year’s winner set the bar quite high by incorporating more than 200 triangles of our LuciteLux® Light Guide Panels into an immersive LED dome design for the Burning Man festival. My fellow judges and I simply cannot wait to see what the design community comes forward with in 2014."