By Bryan Meszaros and Steven Picanza
March is upon us and once again a slew of designers, technologists, and digital signage enthusiasts will converge in Las Vegas for Digital Signage Expo(DSE), as well as the 2018 SEGD Branded Environments event.
With our yearly attendance to both events, we’re extremely excited to see and hear all the latest and greatest—and this year is no different.
So what are we looking forward to this year for both events? Here are our top 5:
- Exploring the latest technologies: While CES may take the center stage for latest in technology advancements, we feel that DSE has a more use-case application. This is especially true for a firm like ours, always trying to push the envelope but keep within the desired business outcome and objective. With the floor at DSE continuing to evolve in both technologies on display and the way vendors design their booths, this intimate setting does wonders for fostering meaningful relationships. [ Did you know that your 2018 SEGD Branded Environments event registration includes access to the DSE show floor? Register now!]
- Understanding the global impact of design: Design has no language barrier, and neither does a well executed digital signage campaign full with adaptive creative and content that speaks 1-to-1 with an audience rather than just a carousel of screaming advertising. As our borders become blurred, we’re anxious to see how design is a catalyst for a more global economy. This will be especially true as Simon Hancockand Charlie Bromleyfrom THERE present on global context of design during the SEGD Branded Environments event. [ View the complete 2018 SEGD Branded Environments agenda.]
- Networking with old and new friends: Between DSE and SEGD, we have a ton of friends, which unfortunately, we don’t get to see too often. With all of us converging in Las Vegas for a few days, it’s a great opportunity to catch up, share new memories and plan some exciting ways we can all work together. With the interactive roundtable during the Branded Environments event, we’re able to share information and experiences with our peers, thus continuing to progress our thought-process forward.
- Continuing the conversation: So how should branding, design, and digital signage play together? It’s the unofficial theme this year, and between our own moments of influence and speaking engagements—as well as some of the amazingly top curated content being presented—we can only hope to dive deep into this topic while gaining a more holistic view of the industry. Both DSE and SEGD do an amazing job with this, and the speakers lined up from top brands such as Staples, Coca-Cola and Uber only highlight the commitment to education.
- Experiencing the sights and sounds of Las Vegas: Seeing all of this in action within the playground that is Las Vegas, how can you not be totally enthralled by it? Between the flashing lights, the latest in entertainment, as well as a dedication for pushing the envelope of what a branded environment is and should be, Las Vegas becomes the cherry on top of what is an already amazing week.
Are you attending the joint event this year? We certainly hope to see you there. [ Register here.]
For more information on where we’ll be and what we’ll be sharing, check us out here: https://www.openeyeglobal.com/landing/dse-2018/
Bryan Meszaros is the CEO & Founder of OpenEye Global,a digital experience design agency. With over 16 years of experience, Bryan has been recognized as a global industry leader. Currently serving as President on the SEGD Board of Directors and a part of the Advisory Board for DSE, Bryan is an active speaker and contributing author—regularly featured in various publications and often invited to speak at industry related conferences around the globe.
Steven Picanza is a brand strategist, educator and marketing director with a core purpose centered around connecting people, products and organizations with their core audience. Steven is currently the Director of Marketing with OpenEye Global,a digital experience design agency, where he oversees all aspects of agency marketing, branding and content development.