Dear SEGD Community,
I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and a very happy New Year!
I’m looking forward to continuing with the vision and initiatives that were put in place by Jill Ayers, our incredibly talented past president, including growing our organization to an all-time high of 1,795 members in 2015 and growing our student membership by 22%!
2016 will be another critical year for the growth of SEGD, as we work toward:
- The upcoming annual conference in Seattle June 9-11
- Our exciting 2016 line-up of educational events (in places much warmer than Chicago), including our first DesignX event March 15-16 at Digital Signage Expo 2016 in Las Vegas and our annual Wayfinding event April 14-15 in Miami.
- Xlab, our exploration of the cutting edge of digital innovation and the future of experience design, Oct. 27-28 in New York City
- Growing and supporting our chapters and having incredible chapter events across the globe
- SEGD becoming a vital component of our community and businesses— making connections among clients, designers and fabricators
If you haven’t had a chance to explore SEGD.org lately, please do! It is an amazing resource for you and your business. A lot of hard work has been done on the website infrastructure and content management system, the results of which you can see in enriched member bios and firm listings, increased website metrics and ever-changing content. The website will continue to be optimized through early 2016.
What an exciting time to be a part of SEGD!
After guiding us through some critical times within the organization, Past President Amy Lukas (Infinite Scale) will be rolling off the Executive Committee and Bryan Meszaros (OpenEye Global) will be joining as Vice President. Jill Ayers (AIRSPACE) will stay on the Executive Committee as Immediate Past President and Patrick Angelel (CREO Industrial Arts) will remain as Treasurer. We are excited to welcome two new board members: Anna Sharp (Two Twelve) and Kathy Fry Mayer/Reed (Portland, Ore.).
I can’t express how excited I am to step into my new role as President and work with an incredibly supportive Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, our talented SEGD staff and our steadily growing SEGD membership.
I’m looking forward to working with old friends and new—building and strengthening relationships among our global community.
Here’s to a prosperous 2016!
Partner, Selbert Perkins Design Collaborative