Dear SEGD Community,
Happy New Year!
Wow, I can’t believe two years have flown by. I write this note as I exit my presidency and welcome in 2016. I am incredibly grateful for this experience and for all of the amazing people I was able to meet and collaborate with.
Through the generous support of our sponsors, partners and members, SEGD continues to be the authority for the world of Experiential Graphic Design.
I want to express my biggest gratitude to the staff, board and chapter chairs for their creativity and hard work and a special shout-out to CEO Clive Roux, who became my bi-weekly phone pal.
Over the last two years, we’ve done some amazing things! I would like to highlight just a few:
- Membership is at an all-time high! The global SEGD community is now 1,795 strong and more diverse than ever.
- Our student/youth membership has increased by 22% as we worked hard to offered more resources and benefits geared to this community.
- We saw the international community get more involved through our SEGD Global Design Awardsprogram and local chapter events.
- Chapter activity was incredibly strong in 2015, with 24 chapters hosting 86 events. Thanks to our great group of 52 dynamic chapter chairs!
- We began offering recorded presentations from leaders in the design community through our (free to members) SEGD Talks.The videos were viewed more than 27,000 times--delivering a five-times increase in the number of people who benefited from the SEGD educational program in 2015!
- SEGD website traffic continues to grow phenomenally, reaching more than 3.3 million page views in 2015. This is a key member value as the site delivers more exposure to SEGD members and promotes the profession as a whole. (If you haven’t created a Member Bioor Firm Listingyet, you need to check out the new enriched format!). SEGD.org delivered more than 21,000 referrals to members' and firms' websites.
Many exciting changes are yet to come as we continue to build on the work done to date and develop new strategies for our organization. 2016 will usher in John Lutz(Selbert Perkins Design) as President and Bryan Meszaros (OpenEye Global) as Vice President, while Patrick Angelel(CREO Industrial Arts) stays on as Treasurer and I move into the Past President position.
Here's to a prosperous New Year. I look forward to seeing everyone out at an SEGD event soon. Cheers and thank you all!