Does your boss need some persuading to sign off on your trip to Chicago for the 2015 SEGD ConferenceJune 4-6? We can help with that. Here’s a letter that will show her the ROI, not to mention the ROO and the ROA!
Dear [Insert Supervisor’s Name]
I’d like to attend the 2015 SEGD Conference June 4-6in Chicago. My participation in the conference will be a great investment for our company, and here’s why:
• I’ll grow our company’s network and business development potential by connecting with new partners and clients. [Over cocktails? Maybe, but no need to bring that up.]
• I‘ll learn from the leaders of top-level design firms like Bruce Mau Design, Leo Burnett Department of Design, Leviathan, Gensler, City ID, dotdash, Thirst and many others. [It’s a lot of content, but hey, I’ll take one for the team.]
• I’ll collect competitive intelligence, finding out what the other guys are doing and why. [No need for a spy-cam… speakers share willingly!]
• I’ll Tweet and blog about the conference while I’m there, increasing awareness of our company. [Except for Design Improv. What happens in DI, stays in DI.]
• I’ll find new vendor and fabrication resources and learn about new processes and materials at NEXPO. [And pens. I’ll bring back lots of promotional pens.]
• I’ll learn about the latest design services innovations and workflow improvements using digital tools. [Adding “digital” to this a few more times might make an even bigger impression.]
• I’ll take prolific notes and bring my new knowledge back to the office to share with my co-workers. [But until then, I’ll be the smartest person in the office!]
• I’ll be energized and ready to kick butt when I get back! [Perhaps tone this up or down depending on your boss’s appreciation of metaphors and anatomical references.]
We’ve all been working so hard the past few months and this is a GREAT way for me to recharge my batteries and get inspired to produce at an even higher level when I get back.
And last but not least, we’ll get our money’s worth, with three jam-packed days of learning sessions, behind-the-scenes project tours, networking events and NEXPO!
We'll save money if we register by April 30!