It is that time of year again! SEGD is seeking your nominations for the 2018 SEGD Achievement Awards.
Since 1987, SEGD has recognized the individuals, companies and institutions whose work has significantly advanced the environmental and experiential graphic design fields. The SEGD Achievement Awards are a critical part of the fabric of our organization. These awards are bestowed annually on the individuals, companies and organizations that define the highest standards of practice in experiential graphic design.
Nominations are being accepted for the following awards:
- SEGD Fellow: The SEGD Fellow Award recognizes an individual for promoting the highest values in environmental and/or experiential graphic design, and significantly contributing to the direction and growth of the field. SEGD Fellows are the laureates of environmental and/or experiential graphic design, whose body of work epitomizes the highest standards of practice in the field. SEGD Fellows include Jan Lorenc, Donald Meeker, Doug Morris, Chris Calori and David Vanden-Eynden, Wayne Hunt, Massimo Vignelli, Deborah Sussman and Robert Probst.
- SEGD Distinguished Member: The SEGD Distinguished Member Award recognizes an individual for demonstrating outstanding volunteer efforts while significantly contributing to the direction, growth and excellence of SEGD programs. Recipients of the award have been instrumental in cultivating university programs, advancing accessible and green design, and promoting cultural agendas through design. Past winners include Kelly Kolar, Alexandra Wood and Lucy Holmes, Cybelle Jones, David Middleton, Wayne Hunt, the SEGD Green Committee and Ken Ethridge.
- SEGD Arrow Award: The SEGD Arrow Award recognizes exemplary service or dedication to advancing technologies and manufacturing in experiential graphic design, and striving to provide the highest quality in products and services to the field. Recipients of the SEGD Arrow Award have advanced new manufacturing processes, led the development of innovative new products, and championed sustainable practices and materials. Past winners include SH Immersive Environments, 3M, Neiman & Company, CREO Industrial Arts, Matthews Paint and Nova Polymers.
- SEGD Insight Award: The SEGD Insight Award recognizes entities that consistently commission environmental graphic design programs that significantly enhance or promote opportunities for the field and experiential graphic design education, and demonstrate a long-standing commitment to recognize the field. Recipients of the award are the visionary design clients behind years of outstanding museum exhibits, innovative hospital wayfinding systems and rewarding partnerships between architects, developers and designers. Past winners include M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Taubman, Portsmouth City Council, TATE, Apple, Amtrak, Herman Miller and the National Park Service.
I encourage you to take a moment to make a nomination. Submit your nomination onlineor email [email protected]and [email protected]with “SEGD Achievement Awards” in the subject line by October 9. It only takes a few moments!
- Nominee Name & Contact information
- Award Name
- Reason for Nomination (please limit to 2-5 sentences)
For more information on the SEGD Achievement Awards program, visit the SEGD Awards page.