Members please log in to see contact information.
Betsy Beaman is a founding Principal and Director of Design of the Atlanta-based, award-winning architectural design firm Stanley Beaman & Sears. With over 30 years of experience Betsy oversees the design of the firm’s projects in all three of their primary market segments - healthcare, higher education and the cultural arts. Her passion for the arts and building form greatly influences the work of the firm and she has won numerous awards for design excellence on a local, regional and national level. Betsy, in collaboration with an extremely talented design and consulting team, led the overall master planning and design of the Nemours Children’s Hospital, a 630,000SF, $260M free-standing children’s hospital located on a 60-acre campus in Orlando.
Betsy Beaman's personal interest and involvement in the arts has expanded the firm’s cultural arts portfolio and includes two national design competitions and two contemporary art museums. She is currently President of the Advisory Board of the new Zuckerman Museum of Art and involved with numerous local and national arts organizations including Arts Leaders of Metro Atlanta.
Speaking Engagements, Public and Academic Design Awards Juries include:
- August 2014 The TanzFEED Series Panel Discussion: “The Artist Never Lies” at The Goat Farm, Panelist
- May 2014 Southern Polytechnic State University 5th Year Thesis Competition, Juror
- November 2013 Healthcare Design Conference, Speaker
Session Title: "Nemours Children's Hospital - A Spotlight on the Patient Experience"
- October 2013 Switch Modern's Spotlight on Design Lecture Series
Lecture: "Two Competitions + One Museum"
- September 2013 Southern Roots + Global Reach Fall CAF Centennial Lecture Series
Clemson University College of Architecture; Lecture: "The Work of Stanley Beaman & Sears"
- October 2010 Contract Magazine Healthcare Environment Awards, Juror
- March 2006 AIA South Carolina Honors and Awards, Jury Chair
- Fall 2000 AIA Philadelphia Design Awards for Excellence, Juror