Read Time: 1 minute
Live music, barbecue and bats. What more could you ask for in an SEGD Conference host city??
There's so much to see and do at the Conference, but there's no shortage of adventure outside the walls of the Fairmont hotel, in the vibrant City of Austin. Here are just five things you won't want to miss between all the sessions, workshops and receptions of the 2019 SEGD Austin Conference Experience.
5. Visit South Congress Avenue: South Congress Avenue, known for the "Keep Austin Weird" movement, is a popular, upscale place to partake in some unique shopping, find a great spot to eat (gotta try that BBQ!), and even catch so of that live music everyone in Austin keeps telling you about.
4. Take a tour: Luckily, there are still a few spots left on a remaining four amazing tours. Spaces are filling up fast, though, so get on it. Reserve your tour today! (The best part is, these tours come with your registration!)
- The University of Texas at Austin Campus
- Texas State Capitol Architecture & Art
- Bullock Museum & Art of the Blanton Museum
- Wilsonart & the Wilson House
3. See a magic show: Magic's Theatre offers a full auditorium sized magic show and close up magic with props from Harry Houdini's own collection of tricks! (Oh, and it's worth mentioning that you can bring your own wine!)
2. Explore Lady Bird Lake: Other than the namesake of one of the Fairmont ballrooms hosting an SEGD conference event, Lady Bird Lake is a picturesque location for numerous outdoor activities and fun! Walk, jog, or ride the Boardwalk on Lady Bird Lake, or even kayak the serene waters—allthewhile getting a beautiful outward look at the Austin city skyline. The boardwalk covers a full 10.2-mile loop along the water in downtown Austin. (Nothing beats a water view—especially in the heat of summer!)
1. See the World Famous Congress Bridge Bats: Noted as Austin's #1 activity 9 months out of the year, the Congress Bridge Bats is a must see! Gaze in awe as 1.5 million bats take to the darkening skies from Congress Bridge. There are many ways to view the bats either by water or bridge, but whatever your preference, you've just got to see it at least once. (Just think of all the mosquito-free fun you get to have thanks to all those bats!)
Austin is more than just another SEGD Conference host city. There's so much to explore in and around the city and the culture is uniquely playful and vibrant. For more awesome, wacky, wonderful Austin fun, check out this listand plan an adventure with your fellow EGD mates at the 2019 SEGD Austin Conference Experience!
So, pack your cowboy boots and plenty of sunblock, grab that plane ticket and commit to an experience like none other. Catch inspiration both inside and outside of the walls of the Austin Fairmont hotel. The city is yours to explore!
If you haven't already, register today! *Get the better deal! Bring your team of 3 or more designersor industry members.
A special thanks to Daktronicsfor sponsoring the 2019 SEGD Austin Conference Experienceand to all of our exceptional sponsors!
Also, please check out this year's 2019 Exhibitors and Makers here, and catch them all on the NEXPO show flooron June 7.