Read Time: 2.5 minutes
Oh wow, it's all happening NEXT WEEK; can you believe it?!
At SEGD’s 2019 Wayfinding & Placemaking Event, August 1-2 in Philadelphia, attendees will soak up local and international wayfinding and placemaking best practices along with some local design culture. Since there are just EIGHT days to go, here are eight reasons why you’ll want to find yourself in Philadelphia next week!
1. Wayfinding and placemaking are the heart of experiential graphic design practice.
2. Remarkable speakers. Over half of the 2019 Wayfinding & Placemaking speaker lineup is NEW to the SEGD stage and has yet to be heard by the SEGD audience! There's already so much potential for new content, not to mention three international sessions (from the UK, Canada and Germany), three local Pennsylvania firms, an SEGD Fellow and a 2019 SEGD Achievement Award Winner! (Check them all out here!)
3. Philadelphia is a the iconic, historic, "City of Designerly Love" where the local creative community uses their talents to add atmosphere and accessibility to the Birthplace of America! Since the event takes place Thursday and Friday, enjoy the weekend in Philly having some fun in the sun and eating at the locals' favorite spots. (Enjoy this fantastic list of local events and local eateries brought to you by Cloud Gehshan.)
4. With SIX incredible, versatile Philadelphia Wayfinding & Placemaking tour options—THREE in the morning and THREE in the afternoon, there’s something for everyone.*
Start your morning at 10 am, with a choice of...
- Spring Garden Connector + Spruce Street Harbor Park Placemaking Tour
- Jefferson Hospital Wayfinding Tour—with L&H Companies
- Museum of the American Revolution Tour—with Nova Sign Group (2018 Global Design Award Finalist!)
Not a morning (tour) person? Take an afternoon tour from 2 to 4 p.m., with a choice of...
- Innovation Plaza—with SignAgent (2017 and 2018 Global Design Award Finalist!)
- Rail Park Placemaking Tour—with Urban Sign
- Independence Visitor Center and Lit Brothers Building Tour
*Bonus points for anyone who maximizes their day by going on two tours then attending the chapter event in the evening! (Each tour is $75.)
5. The topics and discussions you want, with time to network!
You’ll be discussing best practices and examining wayfinding and placemaking case studies addressing campuses, regional projects, global methodologies and transportation innovations. It is a lot, but you’ll get some of both the broad strokes and the nitty-gritty details. You'll also have the perfect amount of time during networking breaks, tours and at the Philadelphia Chapter Mixer on August 1 to chat with peers, vendors and friends old and new.
6. SEGD’s been listening to you (non-creepily of course).
We listened to your feedback and have incorporated more internationally-focused content while continuing to blend in much of the local wayfinding and placemaking projects and expertise. Because we continually integrate attendee feedback, the SEGD Wayfinding event has grown a whopping 255 percent since 2015!! This year, the Wayfinding & Placemaking event should be bigger and better than ever.
7. It will be a 16-in-1, local and international who’s who.
You’ll have ample opportunity to connect with designers from firms Cloud Gehshan, City ID, Entro, Lucy Holmes Design, Exit, Julie Margot Design, Merje, Polyform, and Whybrow Pedrola. (And, that’s not counting other attendees and sponsors**!)
8. This is a key opportunity to level up!
Learn from leaders in the industry from around the globe, network with fellow design professionals and return home empowered and inspired to take your work to the next level.
Join us in Philadelphia,August 1-2, to discover and discuss how to create urban, regional, resort and recreational, civic, local and global wayfinding and placemaking design. You don’t want to miss this!
Capacity at this popular workshop is limited; save your seat by registering today!
See the full workshop agenda here **A big thank you to our presenting sponsors Sherine Industries and the Image Manufacturing Group.