SEGD 2021 Xlab—Convergence of Experimentation at the Intersection of Digital and Physical
In times of accelerated change, we have the opportunity to harness experimentation to forge a path forward. From January 27th—29th, SEGD hosted its first virtual Xlab event, exploring our multidisciplinary vision: How do we, as designers, utilize experimentation to create bespoke experiences in both the physical and virtual realms?
Thought leaders shared insights and inspiration, showcasing how our design community is innovating the experiences of the future.
Attendees heard keynotes that pushed us out of our comfort zones and into a world of endless possibilities. We saw through the eyes of industry outliers who utilize experimentation across multiple design thinking platforms.
Our final and third day of the event provided unique approaches to virtual “experiential case studies” based on lessons learned from leaders in the design and technology industry. These leaders shared their failures and successes as experienced in the pursuit of new innovations and interactions.
This package contains the following MP4 video files, a total of 535 minutes of material:
- Inclusive Experimentation, Hayley Walsh & Dan Cooper
- Examining Accessibility in an Emerging Digital Landscape, Ben Baker
- The Aesthetic Potential of Technology, Richard The
- Driving Engagement with Design in the Intersection of Physical & Digital, Sandra Atakora
- Endless Possibilities: Innovating Hybrid Experience: Svetlana Legetic
- Mindset First, Process Second: Experimentation Creating Opportunity, David Schwarz,
- Emerging Designer Haiku #1: Identity: Artist as Subject, Avery Zucker
- Emerging Designer Haiku #2: An Exhibition Two Decades Since 9/11 Attacks at Stuyvesant High School, Lior Gensler
- To Screen or Not to Screen? That is the Question for Our Future, Jackson Young
- Combining AR and Sound to Add New Dimensions to Indigenous Artist Josh Muir, Becky Sui Zhen & Isobel Knowles
- Memory Koi Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Jonathan Alger & Phillip Tiongson
- MTA Live Subway Map, Marcela Abbade & Karina Sirqueira
- Emerging Designer Haiku #3: Intersection, Selen Imamoglu
- Emerging Designer Haiku #4: REFLECT, Xuewei Jiang
- Mind Journeys, Emily Wengert & Jason Schlossberg
*Note: Keynote: Inventing the Impossible, Marco Tempest is only available to Xlab live participants.
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor DCL,as well as our sponsors NanoLumensand Stark RFID.
** 2021 Xlab live participants can login to the SEGD website and watch videos online.
Email [email protected]if you need assistance. SEGD Students/Associates/Educators/ Chapter Chairs - Contact Jennette Foreman at [email protected] for special discounted rates. Join SEGDfor discounted rates on events and courses.