LAS VEGAS– The SEGD Branded Environments event returns to the Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas for the fourth year in a row by popular demand with a diverse lineup of speakers, tour offerings and opportunities to connect with fellow participants as well as the local design community. SEGD Branded Environments 2020—is the event for the design of brand-centric customer experiences.
In an increasingly competitive landscape of offerings, the differentiation created by integrating meaningful brand experiences into places and spaces provides the highest return on investment to both owners and users, and the case for integrating brand with place has been made by cities and companies worldwide.
“The 2020 SEGD BE event at DSE boasts an engaging and inspiring lineup of speakers,” says Ann Makowski, SEGD’s Interim CEO. “You’ll hear from expert experiential graphic design professionals who deliver the best in branded environments—from Instagram-able moments to unforgettable interactive experiences—and know how to share their expertise.”
The two-day event will kick off on Tuesday, March with sessions that touch on constructing a design for the future, place, culture, sports and retail space. Speakers will also address hot topics like integrating brand loyalty, cultural influence, and sustainability, new technologies, materials and methods into design practice.
Sessions and speakers will include:
- “Bringing the Future Forward: Inspirations from China” with Jean-Pierre Lacroix, Shikatani Lacroix (Toronto)
- “Lessons from the Middle East: Creating a Sense of Place” with Melissa Hoffman, LAB at Rockwell Group (New York)
- “Designing After Dark: Localizing the Experience of Fun with Cultural Sensitivity” with Greg Merkel, ICRAVE (New York)
- “Global Practice, Big Learnings” with Michael Gericke, Pentagram (New York)
- “Making of the Modern Fan: Leveraging Experiential Design to Build a Loyal Base" with Mike Ruehlman, FRCH-Nelson (Cincinnati) and Jansen Dell, Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati)
- "Firing up Fandom" with Stuart Fox, ESI Design (New York)
- “Bringing It All Together... What's the Common Thread?” with Scott Dawald, Dimensional Innovations (Minneapolis)
Roundtable dialogues on best practices, trends, and insights in experiential graphic design practice, will include:
- Going Global: What it takes to work in different cultures
- Managing Collaborations: Building teams across disciplines
- 5G Technology: What's coming
- New Materials: Recent experiments (Sponsored by Rainier)
- Marketing Across Cultures: Finding common ground
- People, place, process: Discovery in a foreign culture
Participants will have more opportunities than ever to network throughout the event at various roundtable discussions, lunches, networking breaks, and at a post-event meetup on Tuesday evening. The optional agenda for Wednesday, March 27, includes an optional walking tour, the DSE Show Floor Insider Tour, in addition to the DSE Networking Reception and DSE Apex Awards Program—both on Wednesday evening.
Get more information and register for 2020 SEGD Branded Environments at DSE
Download the detailed agenda for 2020 SEGD Branded Environments at DSE
About SEGD Founded in 1973, SEGD (the Society for Experiential Graphic Design) is the global community of professionals who create experiences that connect people to place. Through educational programs, research, and publications, SEGD’s mission is to provide learning opportunities and resources for professionals involved in experiential graphic design, promote the importance of the discipline in establishing place and continue to refine standards of practice for the field.
About DSE DSE, produced by Exponation LLC, will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center March 26-29, 2020, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 27-28. DSE is the world’s largest and longest-running conference and trade show exclusively dedicated to showcasing innovative digital communications and interactive technology solutions for customer- and employee-facing organizations.