The moment you have been waiting for -- the 2020 SEGD Exhibition + Experience videos are ready to view!
The Society for Experiential Graphic Design (SEGD) brought together multidisciplinary designers from around the world for the first comprehensive and virtual multi-day event dedicated to exhibition and experience design. This series, entitled How Soon Is Now? Designing Change focused on the current state of museum design processes and practices, and examined how designers, storytellers, and artists create experiences in the physical and virtual realms for audiences of varied backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities, and ages.
This symposium package features a line-up of 20-plus thought leaders and designers from around the world, including several SEGD 2020 Global Design Award Winners.
VIP virtual museum tours provide walk-throughs of highly anticipated exhibitions and interactive installations, including the United States Olympic and Paralympic Museum, and London’s Science Museum newest exhibition on Medicine from the Henry Wellcome and the Science Museum Group Collection.
Speakers and Sessions:
How do we break our unconscious biases?
- Empathy Primer Exercise, Ayse Birsel
- Make some Room - Unconscious Bias, Pavani Yalla
- VR Cinema for Social Change, Barry Pousman
- Week 1: Day 1 Q&A - How do we break our unconscious biases?
- US Olympic & Paralympic Museum Tour
- Accessible by Design, US Olympic & Paralympic Museum Panel Discussion
- Seeing By Touch, Marko Rasic
- Design Beyond Vision, Monica Coghlan & Andrea Lipps
- Week 1: Day 2 Q&A How do we break our unconscious biases?
How do we design experiences that tell whole truths?
- Truth-Telling and Reconciliation Experiences, L’Rai Arthur-Mensah & Ben Millstein
- Week 2: Day 1 Q&A - How do we design experiences that tell whole truths?
- Serra Museum, Keith Helmetag
- Equity and Justice in COVID Age, Andy Chen & Waqas Jawaid
How do we steward a sustainable future?
- Bird Song Project, Lucy Holmes
- Sustainability as a Narrative Experience, Jason Bruges
- Everything Matters, Kenneth Lacovera
- Week 3: Day 1 Q&A How do we steward a sustainable future?
- Museum of the United Nations, Danielle Wellings
- Designing for a Circular Economy, Simon Widmer
- Sadness, Science and Silence, Annie Mitchell
- Week 3: Day 2 Q&A How do we steward a sustainable future?
How do we create context for the past and redirect the future?
- Writing our Design Manifesto, Harold Green
- Designers Elevating Untold Narratives, Aki Carpenter
- Designers From Absence to Presence, Shane Allbritton & Norman Lee
- Week 4: Day 1 Q&A How do we give the past context and redirect the future?
- London’s Science Museum Virtual Tour, Lucy Holmes
- Listening to Children, Kristine Matthews
- Envisioning Future Space, Josh Goldblum
- Week 4: Day 2 Q+A How do we give the past context and redirect the future?
Didn't get a chance to participate? Purchase the videos here.