This session starts with an overview of the current state of the healthcare industry with a focus on how regulatory measurements have shifted to align healthcare design practice with the measurable effectiveness of facility performance and overall patient/user satisfaction. The discussion then goes to the design methodologies employed when planning comprehensive patient experiences in complex healthcare facilities and campuses. We then shift to the scale of the user and look at the mechanisms that designers are using to create effective and holistic communication and interactive platforms for administrators, visitors, and users alike.
Topics discussed includes:
- State of healthcare transformation in the US
- Impact of policy facility and patient experiences
- Overview of existing facility campus analysis and auditing
- Strategies for engaging clients and users in developing design strategies
- Applying insights into realizable user experiences
- Developing effective interactive experiences
Ellen Taylor, DOiT (Pennsyl55-281pvania)
Greg Nelson, Gensler (Los Angeles)
Leslie Wolke, Leslie Wolke Consulting (Austin)
Members, log in before adding products to your cart to receive member discounts using the "Log in/Register"link in the top right hand corner of this page or call 202-638-5555 for assistance.