At SEGD’s 2016 Wayfinding Event—April 14-15 in Miami—we’ve got Wayfinding covered. From digital technology advances to human factors research, you’ll leave knowing the latest innovations in the field and on the horizon! Here are just 10 of the many reasons why you’ll want to find yourself there:
1. Wayfinding is an evergreen topic covering four of the hottest industry sectors in Wayfinding: transportation, healthcare, education and workplace environments.
2. Trends and best practices from industry-leading Wayfinding experts. You’ll hear from Richard Garcia,Miami Dade Aviation, and Joseph Labozan,Labozan Associates, on “Planning and Designing for an International Gateway” and Jim Harding,Gresham Smith and Partners will focus on “The Three V’s of Visual Communications for Airports.” (Note: one of those “V's” is for Virtual.)
4. It’s in Miami. Enough said?
5. You’ll get an insider’s look at Miami International Airport’s new facilities and Wayfinding system, including a half-day guided tour of MIA with airport staff following the full-day event Thursday, April 14.
6. If you liked our Airports workshop in years past, think of this as an update with significant
7. Sessions like “Human Factors and the Foundations for User-Centered Experiences” and “Defining Spaces for All Ages.”
8. It's not a two-fer, it's a "three-fer"! SEGD Fellows will be speakers at the 2016 Wayfinding event. Virginia Gehshan(Cloud Gehshan Associates), Chris Caloriand David Vanden-Eynden(Calori & Vanden-Eynden), are not only SEGD Fellows, but global experts in wayfinding. (Bonus! Calori and Vanden-Eynden will be signing copies of the new edition of their book Signage and Wayfinding Design!)
9. You'll have plenty of time during breaks and at the evening mixer on April 14 to meet and connect with peers, vendors and friends old and new. If you're in Wayfinding, these are your people!
10. Inspiration is a key component of every event SEGD does, and the Wayfinding event is no exception. Prepare for the ideas and excitement to flow!
Capacity in this popular workshop is limited, so you’ll want to book right away!
See the full workshop agenda here
Thanks to Miami International Airport/Miami Dade Aviation for hosting the 2016 SEGD Wayfinding Event, presented by Nanov Display Inc. Additional sponsors include 3M, Design Communications Ltd., AGI, Color-Ad Signs and Exhibits, Designtex, Direct Embed Coating Systems LLC, SignComp, Art of Context and SES Branded Environments.
Want more great content on Wayfinding? Explore SEGD's Experiential Graphic Design Index/Wayfinding!